Recent Finds: December 2012 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
    I'm not sure if this differs from the US Cardbacks? Do they usually show more of the cars from the series?
    They do indeed even Rip is shown on the back of wgp series.. can't wait to see a none USA card of him

Comment

went to my local walmart...didnt buy anything, but I thought I'd post up some slightly clearer pictures of the international carddback

(they only had Francesco left).

I'm not sure if this differs from the US Cardbacks? Do they usually show more of the cars from the series?
      DeceptiCog -

Thanks for the photo! It's nice to see what we'll be getting in abouth three weeks time!

I notice that they are still using the universal Asst: and UPC codes from Cars 2.

Asst: W1938

UPC: 7 46775 03537 2

I thought they'd break with that and introduce a new one. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Deluxe and Movie Moments. They did have unique UPCs (like the US ones) irrespective of card design.

On the cardback for Francesco, there is a SKU number Y5034?

Have you got any other 2013 cars and what are their SKU numbers, if it's too much trouble to ask?

Thanks,
      Nigel

Comment

• nice finds today,
        cycled down to the bank, checked ds, nought, txmaxx, hamilton launcher at 6.99 (cant win em all)
        on way back called into home bargains, nought new there either, or so I thought, took a dander round the shop and found movie moments, francesco/ka ciao mcq and also z/acer with helmet, beezer or what,
        nifty nigel, what is the pack size/contents as someone must have been there yesterday?

hope you all had a good/peaceful christmas

back to tescos this afternoon.....

Comment

• niftynigel, I dont have any other pics of cardbacks. Ill be back at walmart shortly. Always seem to be something that we need lol. Ifthere is any 2013 cardbacks left Ill either get the info or take another picture. No 2013 movie moments or deluxe yet though

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

• I now have a spare francesco/ka ciao mcq, does anyone in the uk want them for a swop, pm me

Comment

• found a kimura kaizo in tk maxx today for Ł6.99 which is the first time i've seen him over here but nothing else

home bargains had quite a few ka-ciao mcqueens but neither of the other movie moments 2-packs i saw last time

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                found a kimura kaizo in tk maxx today for Ł6.99 which is the first time i've seen him over here but nothing else

home bargains had quite a few ka-ciao mcqueens but neither of the other movie moments 2-packs i saw last time
                I need to get out more! Because of the weather and tube strike I haven't been out of the house since last Saturday, save for posting a couple of local Christmas cards on Christmas eve!

Interesting to note the price of Kimura Kaiso being more expensive than the Movie Moments!

Comment

niftynigel, I dont have any other pics of cardbacks. Ill be back at walmart shortly. Always seem to be something that we need lol. Ifthere is any 2013 cardbacks left Ill either get the info or take another picture. No 2013 movie moments or deluxe yet though
                  That'll be really helpful. It'll be interesting to see if the case contents vary from the US ones. The UK ones were the same until last Christmas, then it all went pear shaped over here in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                    nice finds today,
                    cycled down to the bank, checked ds, nought, txmaxx, hamilton launcher at 6.99 (cant win em all)
                    on way back called into home bargains, nought new there either, or so I thought, took a dander round the shop and found movie moments, francesco/ka ciao mcq and also z/acer with helmet, beezer or what,
                    nifty nigel, what is the pack size/contents as someone must have been there yesterday?

hope you all had a good/peaceful christmas

back to tescos this afternoon.....
                    Assuming that TK Maxx get regular Mattel cases, the Deluxe (Oversized Mattel calls them) come in sixes. I think there were three Funny Car Mater, two Kimura Kaiso and one The Queen in the same case? V2843-999K?

Movie Moments come in cases containing 12. My guess is that they must split the cases up so that explains why quite a few I've seen (mostly Mater/Zen) have been damaged in the shop! Would a store get 12 MMs? Would a store get six Deluxes? Maybe not?

Comment

• hit both tk maxx and home bargains today.

tk maxx 1 - max schnell launcher-Ł6.99
                      tk maxx 2 - nigel gearsley launcher-Ł6.99,funny car mater and kimura kaizo again both Ł6.99

debenhams - launchers reduced to Ł6.26

home bargains - all 5 stores had the tru exclusive finish line frenzy game with gold tampo lightning mcqueen @ Ł6.99
                      3 of 5 stores had the new tokyo night skyline movie moments case with acer with helmet,ka-ciao LMQ and darrell/brent @ Ł3.99
                      1 of the 5 had a single jeff gorvette launcher @ Ł3.99

@ boogity - the case of movie moments has 12 pieces inside,what the quantities are i cannot say,but i believe looking at what i've seen there are more of the ka-ciao lmq packs in the case than the others and don't be put off by the fact that someone may have been there before you as i see the same thing in my nearest store and when i asked why,the person said if there's not enough room for them,they leave them in the box in the stock room for another day,so keep checking

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        Assuming that TK Maxx get regular Mattel cases, the Deluxe (Oversized Mattel calls them) come in sixes. I think there were three Funny Car Mater, two Kimura Kaiso and one The Queen in the same case? V2843-999K?

Movie Moments come in cases containing 12. My guess is that they must split the cases up so that explains why quite a few I've seen (mostly Mater/Zen) have been damaged in the shop! Would a store get 12 MMs? Would a store get six Deluxes? Maybe not?
                        the international deluxe case that funny car mater is found in is different than the U.S. case,it has 2 x kimura kaizo,1 x queen,1 x funny car mater and 2 finn's

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                          You saw the new 7 pack with Kit Revster, Scavenger? I'll pay $30 plus tax for it - one of my friends needs Fiber Fuel... Polly and Coriander are rare and I can probably sell them loose.
                          Sorry cac1959 I actually went back last night hoping they would still be their and both were gone! If I see them again I will pick them up!

On another note...was in Walmart and TRU today and both had the launchers. Saw..Max, Nigel, Lewis, Shu and Lightning did not pick them up as i did not feel like paying $12 a piece! Wanted to keep the Shu but thats about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by djjd21 View Post
                            the international deluxe case that funny car mater is found in is different than the U.S. case,it has 2 x kimura kaizo,1 x queen,1 x funny car mater and 2 finn's
                            Thanks Jason!

I'll have to get out of bed earlier tomorrow and take a look in my local TK Maxx. There's an eBay dealer in my town and she 'knows' so many people, so she's probably already got all the good stuff and put it on eBay already!?

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                              Thanks Jason!

I'll have to get out of bed earlier tomorrow and take a look in my local TK Maxx. There's an eBay dealer in my town and she 'knows' so many people, so she's probably already got all the good stuff and put it on eBay already!?
                              i found this case in home bargains just before xmas,not TK Maxx,the most i've ever seen in there was today,a launcher and one each of funny car mater and kimura kaizo.

Comment

• the mcq hawk is 16.50 in tescos

Comment

Working...
                                X