Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome stuff yuffie. Bet you're still smiling

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
      not had a chance to take pictures yet but as a tease the 2013 cars i found are:

lewis hamilton
      security guard finn
      fillmore
      shu todoroki
      krate rainson-wash
      miguel camino
      dj with flame
      luigi/guido
      chick hicks
      wingo with flames
      sarge
      lightning mcqueen
      body shop ramone
      dexter hoover with chequered flag

apart from one or two there was just one each on the shelf

they also had 5 or 6 boxes of queens/funny car mater/the sumo ref though no cars actually out on the shelves
      Excellent news! In the US that's case D as has been said, but over here that's case W1938-997R.

US case B or case W1938-997P will be exclusive to Disney Stores, if they (DS) are to be believed!

Comment

• here we go then

as a slight aside i notice the name on the back of fillmore's card is fillmore bully - is that his full name or a description?

Comment

• Fantastic find and photos, yuffie... I see several Cars I like... want... need...

Would you be able to take a picture of Dexter Hoover with Checkered flag at an angle where we could see the mouth? I'd like to see how it compares to the Final Lap release.

To answer your question, Fillmore Bully has often appeared as the name on the UK version of Fillmore going back to the earlier days... I should have a carded one that I can take a photo of... Lightning McQueen is called Flash McQueen... I have several international carded Cars... I like them.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• yea that flash mcqueen got me way back when
            thinking it was a different version of lightning

Comment

• Great pics yuffie

I see that security guard Finn has had the unibody upgrade treatment as well

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                Another couple of collectors contacted Mattel UK regards the launch date for the 2013 mainline standard singles, deluxe and doubles. They were told the same as me, the end of March at the earliest. That's Mattel's date for shipping, so unless stores get stuff directly from Mattel, expect 2013 stuff to hit the shops in early April, a full FIVE months after the US, FOUR months after Canada and THREE months after Australia and the rest of Europe.
                Australia are yet to receive any 2013 mainline singles, deluxe and doubles. At this rate I'd be amazed if any new singles show up. Seems Target have greatly reduced the amount of shelf space for Cars merchandise across all stores so I'd be amazed if any 2013 singles were about to hit soon. Looks like they are making room for TMNT merch instead!

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Would you be able to take a picture of Dexter Hoover with Checkered flag at an angle where we could see the mouth? I'd like to see how it compares to the Final Lap release.
                  no problem, i'll do it this evening

Comment

• nice finds yuffie, but 5.49 each!
                    that lurker ru5ty found the stuff I planked for him, so he still reads the posts!!!!!
                    found andre in tescos today, not the best, gave him a miss

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzieMum View Post
                      Australia are yet to receive any 2013 mainline singles, deluxe and doubles. At this rate I'd be amazed if any new singles show up. Seems Target have greatly reduced the amount of shelf space for Cars merchandise across all stores so I'd be amazed if any 2013 singles were about to hit soon. Looks like they are making room for TMNT merch instead!
                      Sorry about that, we get so used to getting everything last in the UK, I was sure I read somewhere (on here) that Australia had seen the 2013 series stuff.

Do you get yours on a US card design and international card designs? I know Canada have a mix, being a predominantly English speaking country, I thought you might do to?

Comment

• I picked up a set of the first wave of 2013 singles to be released in the UK from case W1938-997R (3402EAA).

The Erik Laneley has the Fiat TM scratched out on the bottom (3342EAA).

Comment

• here is dexter's mouth

Comment

• he looks like past versions with the checked flag

Comment

• Great photo of Dexter Hoover's mouth, yuffie... thank you... I agree with carslover - looks just like the Final Lap Dexter Hoover with checkered flag (coming soon to an article on PCD...)

From left to right: WOC Dexter Hoover with Yellow Flag, custom, TRU Dexter with green flag, Final Lap Dexter with checkered flag):

Congratulations on finding 2013 singles, niftynigel... You mentioned that Erik Lanely has Fiat scratched out on the bottom... there have been posts on both TakeFiveADay and carsthetoys.com about that - we'll post on that same topic one of these days.

And OzzieMum - I hope you find 2013 Cars soon...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                Sorry about that, we get so used to getting everything last in the UK, I was sure I read somewhere (on here) that Australia had seen the 2013 series stuff.

Do you get yours on a US card design and international card designs? I know Canada have a mix, being a predominantly English speaking country, I thought you might do to?
                                Thats ok. Looks like Oz has something in common with the UK. I've only seen the US style cards over here. Although we have international multi-packs.

Cac1959 - I hope so too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X