Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Boogity -

What are you suggesting?

The little (some not so little) brats 'eat' them in store (sic)?

On that issue, because of Cars hunting, I go to supermarkets more than I used to. I quite often see people eating some contents of their shopping (sandwiches, crisps etc) and then discard the packaging before they get to the check out! Do people who do that, not realise that is theft?

Other onlookers just think it's funny. What a society the UK has become. At least people still queue for things ... most of the time!
    Totally off topic but since its a bit of a passion of mine il nip in with a quick reply.

I would not condone that behaviour at all, however these supermarkets have been robbing people left right and center for years, they bully suppliers into giving them ridiculously low prices then add on huge mark ups at the other end, and at the same time fill our foods full of poison and chemical e-numbers (oh and not to mention horse meat) - their own brands of ice cream (even some of the extra special stuff) doesnt even contain cream! so whilst the behaviour is less than acceptable i wont let it stop me sleeping at night. Supermarkets are one of the big problems in society in the UK and for me are only useful for Cars, i try to avoid shopping in them as much as possible.

Comment

• a visit to cribbs causeway today didn't turn up much

tesco was the usual waste of time - 3 or 4 silver racers plus loads of 2012 mcqueen's, finn's, mater's and francesco's
      disney store did have their own brand chauncy fares
      smyths still had a few new 2013 cars amongst the 2012/silver ones - i found a sarge, miguel, ramone plus a mater - the latter i bought as it was one i didn't get there originally
      asda had their new display full of battered 2013 case c cars
      tk maxx nothing
      toys r us a few silver races but nothing much else

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
        Totally off topic but since its a bit of a passion of mine il nip in with a quick reply.

I would not condone that behaviour at all, however these supermarkets have been robbing people left right and center for years, they bully suppliers into giving them ridiculously low prices then add on huge mark ups at the other end, and at the same time fill our foods full of poison and chemical e-numbers (oh and not to mention horse meat) - their own brands of ice cream (even some of the extra special stuff) doesnt even contain cream! so whilst the behaviour is less than acceptable i wont let it stop me sleeping at night. Supermarkets are one of the big problems in society in the UK and for me are only useful for Cars, i try to avoid shopping in them as much as possible.
        When my parents were alive, many years ago, they ran a small shop, just about making a living. From that point of view I'm certainly not going to side with the supermarkets. However, it's wrong to suggest that they are one of societies big problems. There are many (worse) things wrong with modern day Britain that aren't attributable to the supermarkets. If there are some positives from their presence, they do compete with each other (when they aren't price fixing) and they do at least get people out and about into shops unlike like Amazon, who are just interested in killing all competitors, then hiking the prices up, when they've done that. The supermarkets like fast food outlets also employ lots of people. We should be thankful for that, as we can't compete with the far east like China and South Korea on manufacturing (price, not necessarily quality).

Comment

• well ru5ty I did indeed find tubbs in asda, there were about 6 of em, only spotted 1 each of brand new mater and mater with da bomb mind

also spotted a uss enterprise and a yellow enzo in the hotwheels part of the dump bin

nought in tescos tonight

Comment

• Hello all, its been a while i know. i thought I'd grown out of these cars lol..

Just seen this in the little Tescos up the street, so don't know if its national

Comment

• Welcome, Ru5ty... good to hear from you.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• nice, a price cut is always welcome

Comment

• hold the front page, dont know whats more important, ru5ty back on board or me finding case u in tescos last night, found the box on the top shelf, took it down , opened it etc, got some nice stuff too, ru5ty I have planked hobbscapp, the range rover and a little red tuner thingy

Comment

• got ds to keep over kabuki mater/ kingpin for me, very nice too, the kingpin is a nice size, smaller than mattels,
                    paid a tenner, much better than the 17.99 the evil bayers are asking!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nice finds, boogity... looking forward to seeing photos.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Thankyou cac1959, Glad to be back... Well in saying that, I did check in from time to time. Trolling I think the term is lol

Roger, Nice one

Comment

• Boogie boy, I got your stash you left for me.....nice, but even better I got them for £2.25 each. The manager says " oh you know Roger" not a problem. Well sorta true, I haggled a bit even presenting my receipt from an earlier expedition to the little Tesco's @ the top of the street were I picked up a random car just to get the receipt. Which worked out well, as he honoured the price. Though he kept my original receipt.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Great additions, Ru5ty! Thanks for posting the photo...

Comment

• Great finds guys, thanks to Nigel's tip off I visited my local tesco this morning after the school run and was great by what looked like 2/3 of case U.

Score mike, hobbscap and Franca, left harumi as I have that coming from a good friend

Comment

• cars diecast are down to £3 @ asda... should be national!

Comment

Working...
                                X