No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - June 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I had found these in a Kmart to get another free Ivan, but I found them in Walmart...

Kabuki Mater is up for trade, but I actually needed a new Dinoco Helicopter. Ours has crashed a few too many times. The wheels are starting to fall off our Color Changers. They have been outside next to the hot tub for the last 3 years, and I figured it was time for some new hot tub toys...

I also couldn't resist getting another Rip Clutchgonski. We are about to open them and try them out. I'll post back on here if they actually work.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
    http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• Today's Hunt...

2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, 2 KMarts, Big Lots, Belk, TRU, TJMaxx

Ended up with a Hydro Rip (first time I've seen one) and:

Both available for trade

Comment

• Well, after trying out the hydro cars, I like how it says on the package; RACE ON WATER! Watching these 2 cars race was like watching 2 snails race. They worked okay and they amused my 5 year old for a little while. They don't really work good when you turn the jets on in the hot tub. They tend to capsize. Kind of fun in the bath tub or swimming pool. Not fun enough to purchase any more though. I might get some more if they go on clearance, but $6 each is not worth it.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

• The good news is I've now finally seen Francesco Fan Mater in a retail location that sells Cars... the not so good news is that it was at the local flea market... and the bad news is that it was marked $29 plus tax... the ultimate news is that I left it there.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• YIKES!!! I guess you know who has been beating you to the punch.

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            The good news is I've now finally seen Francesco Fan Mater in a retail location that sells Cars... the not so good news is that it was at the local flea market... and the bad news is that it was marked $29 plus tax... the ultimate news is that I left it there.

Comment

• Finally found something new today:

These were found in a supermarket in the south of France.
              Cars Addict

Comment

• Great finds!! I neeeeeeeed some of those! Just finally found Case G (chase Miles Case) here in the states Friday!

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                  Hunter - those Desert Back Cars/cards seem to be in very good shape for as old as they are... congratulations.

Are the DB12 or DB16? By looking on the back of the card, you'll see either 12 or 16 Cars on the back... you can see photos and more in my article at:
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...sert-Back-Cars

Now we'll see if you come down with Desert Back Fever and decide to finish a set.
                  Is it that hard to complete a set?
                  I'm working on a 12 card set as we speak...
                  Cars Addict

Comment

• Originally posted by DiZz View Post
                    Finally found something new today:

These were found in a supermarket in the south of France.
                    Great find Dizz, loving the look of Maurice!

Comment

• great finds diZz!
                      My collection: http://www.jokibe.forumgratuit.lu/t2...cas-und-victor

Comment

• Superb finds, DiZz... Congratulations... I am eagerly looking forward to both of those.

DiZz - to answer your question about completing the Desert Back series... it may not be hard, but to get them at a decent prize is not easy... sometimes you get lucky and find someone selling a complete set... other times you have to buy them here and there... When I went and completed my DB12 and DB16 sets, I paid almost $20 each shipped for a few of them.

I drove 190 miles today... here's some of what I bought:

At my first Walmart stop:

That's the first I've seen Kabuki Mater in a store.

At my first and second Target stores:

My first time for Darrell Cartrip with Headset and Edwin Kranks on 2013 cardback... no sign of Mama Topolino, Chase Miles, or Sputter Stop.

At my 5th Kmart stop today... 30 stops total spread over 16 stores in the not quite 3 weeks since the promotion started.

My first time to see Francesco Fan Mater and Elvis on 2013 cardback at a Kmart store.

I also stopped at one TRU and bought Radiator Springs Classic Marilyn and Nick Stickers - that's the first time I've seen RSC Nick Stickers in a store...

Overall I bought 4 Deluxe, 9 singles, and a set of 5 Hot Wheels.

To show you how collecting and hunting has changed in the last 2 to 4 years, I'd consider this a good day by today's standards... in the past this would have been a disappointing day.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Great finds cac1959!! all for love of the hunt, right??

Comment

• great finds Chris

Comment

• That's a heck of a run Chris but at least it was pretty fruitful

Comment

• Made a few stops today and turned up one item I have never seen in the wild before today .. Lights and Sounds Sarge with Headset! I already traded for one a while back, but thought someone might need it as it was in short supply. It is going to be added to my haves.

Comment

Working...
                                X