Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Hunter!

Comment

Must admit it's a little depressing to read of all these Deluxe and MM findings knowing that Mattel UK have cancelled them. Was really hoping to pick up an Elvis RV this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Must admit it's a little depressing to read of all these Deluxe and MM findings knowing that Mattel UK have cancelled them. Was really hoping to pick up an Elvis RV this time round.
        There's still a hope they might come along later in the year, but as many shops have Deluxe and Doubles (US overstocks) that should've been in the UK a year ago, then it's not really surprising that there isn't the demand from shops to stock new Deluxe and Doubles, especially when you consider the new price point of Ł9.99.

The Cars 2 Deluxe and Movie Moments are Ł4.99 and Ł6.99 at various shops. The UK didn't get the Cars Take Flight series either. That was unforgivable!

To be fair to Mattel UK, they have managed to get 56 new standard singles out in five cases plus ten silver racers. I thought that was near impossible given their track record of failing to get 25 new cars out in 2012, so they have improved! Some of it is down to retailers, who don't always appear to judge the market as well as they could. The current case 997V was sold out in super quick time at Sainsburys. Many stores didn't any of that case.

Comment

Thankful for small mercies eh Nigel? I guess you're right when you look at the singles list. It's still a shameful state of affairs though. I still don't get why they don't offer online sales direct? Has that question ever been put to them?

By the way, the anticipated Tesco June 10 new W case and Planes thing appears to be a false dawn, at least in my area. No sign and nothing held in warehouse stock either.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Thankful for small mercies eh Nigel? I guess you're right when you look at the singles list. It's still a shameful state of affairs though. I still don't get why they don't offer online sales direct? Has that question ever been put to them?

By the way, the anticipated Tesco June 10 new W case and Planes thing appears to be a false dawn, at least in my area. No sign and nothing held in warehouse stock either.
            Nothing up here or online either.

Comment

I don't know where the date 10th came from. The date that was being quoted by Tesco for their toy section resets was Wednesday 12th - The glorious 12th?

Certainly, my local Toymaster franchise group, who got the Planes in error a few weeks ago (and had to send them back) have been saying that their Mattel delivery this week is on Tuesday in preparation for putting new stuff out on Wednesday. We'll see ...

... They were due to get Deluxe and Doubles and Mattel cancelled their order due to lack of orders elsewhere, so who knows what's going to happen?

I'm going to have a drive around tomorrow night (the insomniacs ride) to see what get's delivered to the all night Tesco's in my area.

I have suggested to Mattel they should have an online ordering service. Their reply is that the 'core market is too small to justify the expense of setting it up'. Given that their (Cars) website is over TWO years out of date, they don't look too committed to the e-commerce / internet thing anyway, so we shouldn't be surprised at their response!

We at least know the Planes exist as the Toymaster staff did see them; they opened one case and said there were five or six different ones in there!

Comment

My wife found these at a Target on Friday morning.

IMG_00000356.jpgIMG_00000357.jpgIMG_00000358.jpgIMG_00000359.jpgIMG_00000364.jpg

Comment

My wife and I found this at another Target Friday evening.

IMG_00000447.jpg

Comment

Myself, my wife, and my kids found these at Walmart yesterday. They were so excited.

IMG_00000467.jpgIMG_00000468.jpgIMG_00000469.jpgIMG_00000470.jpgIMG_00000471.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by diego.roscetti View Post
                      My wife and I found this at another Target Friday evening.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2337[/ATTACH]
                      Wow! Internationally carded Deluxe! What we'd give to have those in the UK!

Comment

Nice finds, diego.roscetti... Nice to see that J Curby Gremlin and Suki exist on international cardback... and nice to see the International version of the Deluxe Dustin Mellows as well.

Local Meijer had put out a new case overnight... case D, once again... I left them all.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Found in California

I was asked to post this by musicnywu1... looks like he's done well at his Kmart store.

I believe that at least some of these are available.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Took a drive out from Clearwater Beach Fl, found a Target en route, never seen so many LmQ's in one place but in among them was a David Hobbscapp so it was kind of worth the trip. Only seen Dustin and Elvis so far in terms of new deluxes. Not long left before the return to the freezing shores of Blighty so I'd better put a bit more effort into hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by daul_p View Post
                              Took a drive out from Clearwater Beach Fl, found a Target en route, never seen so many LmQ's in one place but in among them was a David Hobbscapp so it was kind of worth the trip. Only seen Dustin and Elvis so far in terms of new deluxes. Not long left before the return to the freezing shores of Blighty so I'd better put a bit more effort into hunting.
                              You have PM

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                                Nice finds, diego.roscetti... Nice to see that J Curby Gremlin and Suki exist on international cardback... and nice to see the International version of the Deluxe Dustin Mellows as well.

Local Meijer had put out a new case overnight... case D, once again... I left them all.
                                Suki, J Curby Gremlin and Hank 'Halloween' Murphy made a brief appearance in mainland Europe in the first international standard singles case W1938-997N at the end of February.

There were some pictures of the of the case on the French World of Cars site, so all 59 standard singles have appeared on an international card (European version).

Hank 'Halloween' Murphy is due to be repeated in the 'twin' cases 997S/997T. There will be just one Hank 'Halloween' Murphy in that case.

Suki is due to be repeated in case 997Y. There will be just one Suki in that case.

Comment

Working...
                                X