Recent Finds - June 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
    Suki, J Curby Gremlin and Hank 'Halloween' Murphy made a brief appearance in mainland Europe in the first international standard singles case W1938-997N at the end of February.

There were some pictures of the of the case on the French World of Cars site, so all 59 standard singles have appeared on an international card (European version).

Hank 'Halloween' Murphy is due to be repeated in the 'twin' cases 997S/997T. There will be just one Hank 'Halloween' Murphy in that case.

Suki is due to be repeated in case 997Y. There will be just one Suki in that case.
    if anyone needs a suki let me know, there are several near where I am.

Comment

Hi all finally found some new cars, seems like forever and also got this, see picture:
      Last edited by MarknotaMack; 06-11-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Awesome new cars Mark!!!

Comment

Just found Chase Miles and Splutter in JS Sainsburys - Awesome to find more Cars I haven't got

Comment

Nice job Mark, guessing you are good on the Sputterstop now then? lol

Comment

Congratulations, MarknotaMack... I'm hoping I can find those Cars sometime...

Congratulations as well, VANDANCE...

It's good to see that many of our UK members are finding those new Cars... we should see case G in the US soon... hopefully...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                It's good to see that many of our UK members are finding those new Cars... we should see case G in the US soon... hopefully...
                Who will be first? The race is on!

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                  Nice job Mark, guessing you are good on the Sputterstop now then? lol
                  Yeah good now. Thanks for thinking of me and helping others. I only went looking today due to your previous post. Thanks for your advice

Comment

No worries, glad you managed to get some new cars! after Sainsburys in the morning, I am hoping that Nigels soothsayer like advice pays off as i am going to find some friends in Tesco, in anticipation for the impending arrival of Case G! Rip ahoy mates LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                      No worries, glad you managed to get some new cars! after Sainsburys in the morning, I am hoping that Nigels soothsayer like advice pays off as i am going to find some friends in Tesco, in anticipation for the impending arrival of Case G! Rip ahoy mates LOL
                      You mean case 997W!

Shhh, that's sensitive information! Don't let them know we are actually collecting their Cars! They might think about releasing some more so we can complete our collections! It does say on the US versions 'Collect Them All'. It doesn't say that on the international versions!!!!

I have a story to tell ...

(The characters and names are purely ficticious and if there is any resemblance to any real names, it's purely coincidental, you understand)!

There was this toy shop (call it T********).

They ordered some toys (call them D***** P**** C*** D***** and M**** M***** 2013 series) from this company (call them M***** U*).

This company erroneously delivered a different, new product that is probably going to be highly sought after in the coming weeks (call it D***** P*****). The product that the shop originally ordered has been cancelled indefinitely.

The shop, puzzled by this as it wasn't on the order manifest, contacted the company, who panicked and immediately recalled the new product. The company even took the step to collect the said delivery in person and check every case to make sure every item was returned!

The shop asked the said company, if this product is being recalled, when can it eventually be sold?

The first answer was Wednesday 12 June!

If I were a betting man, I wouldn't be putting any money on that date!

The latest answer in this story is no more than six weeks before a film is being shown in the cinemas!

Comment

Are you still doing your midnight run Nigel?

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                          Are you still doing your midnight run Nigel?
                          No, I'm actually out on the highway tomorrow, so I hope to visit a few Tesco and Sainsburys during the day (for refreshments of course, if my boss is reading this)!!

It's going to be an early start, so if any new stuff has come and gone, I'll know I've been replaced by insomniacs anonymous!

Comment

Perish the thought Nigel! lol.

As Enzo mentioned in another thread, DS dont have any info on when their own product will be hitting the stores or the co.uk site so what chance do actual resellers such as TM, Tesco et al have!

Maybe that is Mattels grand plan, make it as difficult as possible to "collect them all"

Maybe it should be "collect what we decide to give you and if you want more, pay through the nose on eBay or via your North American breathern, you heathen scum"

oh and "My" favourite disney character is Goofy; thats what I think of their customer relations (and thats putting it mildly, shame they dont have a disney character called f**king useless, he would be my fave then bwhahaha!)

Comment

finally the sainsbury's in bath comes up trumps with a case v

i hadn't even intended to go in there this morning as i had nothing to get and was getting a bit bored of finding an empty cars display box (or, at least, one half filled with the hot wheels overflow)

however, because i forgot to take my change from the touch yourself till yesterday i didn't have enough to get the bus all the way to work so having got off at sainsbury's i though i might as well have a look in - and, shock horror, the cars box was full - a darryll and sputter stop on top told me it was their first case v and after about 30 seconds nervous searching there was miles at the bottom - i then nearly bent the card in my hast to get it out!

Comment

Congrats mate, and I can identify with that heart-racing panic when you see the tell-tale Darrell, Sputter etc and start frantically searching behind and underneath ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X