Recent Finds - July 2014 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds, everyone...

I had my best Cars and Planes hunting day in a long time today... Drove 220 miles down to and around Cincinnati, and then back home.

At one of 7 Walmart stores - this one was in northern Kentucky:

3 of the 7 Walmart stores didn't even have Planes Fire and Rescue displays or toys... I also found a Geartrude at this Walmart.

Not Cars... but at a Kroger Marketplace store in northern Kentucky:

I now have the Antonio gift pack... I also found 3 Snoopy Hot Wheels at this store.

Got lucky at 2 of 8 Marshalls or TJ Maxx stores I stopped at:

N2O Cola at 1 of 5 Target stores... the other singles at 2 of 7 Walmart stores:

I bought Max with sticker because I collect Max... and our store didn't have Max with sticker in the display, just the other 5.

At the first Target store I stopped at (out of 6):

Today's Hot Wheels purchases:

Got the Ford Fiesta at the first Target... got the Snoopy at the Kroger where I found the Planes gift packs.

Time to update my wanted list...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Here is why I still collect Cars...

We haven't opened any new Cars item since Lizzie months ago. My son just wasn't into it anymore. I threatened to box up his playsets the other day, and now all of a sudden he wants to play with his Cars. Found this for me at a TJMaxx also...

I've had this for over a year because of trade but haven't been able to get myself to open it. Now I have one to open!

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Found a Geartrude at Kohl's today! 2nd one I have found. She seems harder to find in my area.
        Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
          $6.42 each after tax

Holy crap its a cars4josh sighting!!!!
          I know right!!! I've been reading the boards lately and trying to get back on track, I still need blue grit and the two tent sets chris found today and I think I'm good. Hope to be finding more and posting more often.....divorce w/ custody issues is rough but it's getting better...... I still hunt just not like I used to, but he still gets excited and smiles and tells me he loves me every time he gets " a new guy" sooo worth it!!

Comment

great finds everyone
            no sign of the 5001/2 cars in my area yet

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
              Found a Geartrude at Kohl's today! 2nd one I have found. She seems harder to find in my area.
              I haven't spotted her around my area yet either
              "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                Here is why I still collect Cars...

We haven't opened any new Cars item since Lizzie months ago. My son just wasn't into it anymore. I threatened to box up his playsets the other day, and now all of a sudden he wants to play with his Cars. Found this for me at a TJMaxx also...

I've had this for over a year because of trade but haven't been able to get myself to open it. Now I have one to open!
                So... you used a threat of him losing his playsets to keep collecting?...
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                  So... you used a threat of him losing his playsets to keep collecting?...
                  He hadn't played with them in months. They take up way too much space to just leave all set up out on the floor. I'm still going to box most of them up. If it wasn't for the kids still being interested in Planes, I probably would have stopped collecting last Christmas.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                  http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

jestrFamily is in Tennessee for vacation and having a blast hiking and exploring the wild! We explored the shopping yesterday and made some awesome discoveries. We hit 4 Walmart and at one we found a side kick with posters and cars. First time I had seen one intact. This one was FABULOUS because it contained sticker cars AND a few surprises ... Todd, Denise Beam and Hugo with Party hat!!! At a different Walmart we found the 500 1/2 Cars! It was a good day!! Happy 4th of July to all!!

Comment

Originally posted by CarsDiecast08 View Post
                      I haven't spotted her around my area yet either
                      I've seen her twice in my area since buying one. Once at a Walmart and once at Walgreens.
                      May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                        jestrFamily is in Tennessee for vacation and having a blast hiking and exploring the wild! We explored the shopping yesterday and made some awesome discoveries. We hit 4 Walmart and at one we found a side kick with posters and cars. First time I had seen one intact. This one was FABULOUS because it contained sticker cars AND a few surprises ... Todd, Denise Beam and Hugo with Party hat!!! At a different Walmart we found the 500 1/2 Cars! It was a good day!! Happy 4th of July to all!!

Super dupper!
                        May the Fortune of the Hunt Be With You Jeff/PixarCarsDiecast.com

Comment

Great finds, Jestrjef!
                          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Brilliant!

Comment

Went poking around Leominster MA and Luneburg MA Walmarts today. Found Geartrude and the 500 1/2 Cars in Luneburg. Bought geartrude but left the 500 1/2 cars on the shelf. They had 5/6 on the shelf, just missing Mater.

Comment

I found what. Jsterjef found at a Walmart while we were on vacation!! What a coincidence
                                Picked up the 500 1/2 diecasts and a Denise Beam.
                                -Steve
                                AKA Tmremote

Comment

Working...
                                X