Recent Finds - July 2014 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds, everyone!

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who goes looking for Cars while on vacation or on a trip to see family.

Mater is not in the first Radiator Springs 500 1/2 case... that's why it wasn't on the shelf... I think we all know that Mattel isn't going to release an entire series at one time... by spreading out the release we're more likely to buy more items in addition to what we're looking for.

Stopped at Meijer this morning to get grapes and orange juice... they'd put out more Cars... saw 3 Cartney Carsper... looked a little more closely and found 2 Geartrude - bought Geartrude and left the rest... they'd added more Fire and Rescue toys but they were all from the first case.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

^^^One of my highlights on vacation is getting a break from the family to go Cars hunting in strange places.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Posted as a new thread in General Discussion a few minutes ago... found a new sidekick at the local Walmart earlier this afternoon... looked just like the poster sidekick from a few weeks ago... but look what was inside:

I like Todd... always have...

First time for Denise Beam as a single... and now a unibody:

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

COOL! I want Todd! Nice finds.
          Kenny, age 13

Visit our diecast Pixar Cars and Planes priceguide and checklist:

http://pixarcarspriceguide.com

Comment

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
            COOL! I want Todd! Nice finds.
            +1 - nice finds this week Chris - congrats. It's always gratifying to find cars in the wild.
            Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Found 2 Pietro and Miguel 2pks at the TJMaxx in Cumberland!! Not a bad way to end the vacation!!
              -Steve
              AKA Tmremote

Comment

Originally posted by Tmremote View Post
                Found 2 Pietro and Miguel 2pks at the TJMaxx in Cumberland!! Not a bad way to end the vacation!!
                Well done, Tmremote! Glad you found some Cars you needed on your vacation... maybe one of these days when I head to Cincinnati we'll be able to meet up.

Comment

Found a Denise beam, but have been too busy and missed on Todd at 3 walmarts - and I'm afraid at any others I'll visit. I'll probably have to wait until next shipment, hoping there's a 2nd shipment of Todd! :-(
                  Check out my trades list, it's always up to date : http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...st-take-a-peek!

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
                    Posted as a new thread in General Discussion a few minutes ago... found a new sidekick at the local Walmart earlier this afternoon... looked just like the poster sidekick from a few weeks ago... but look what was inside:

I like Todd... always have...

First time for Denise Beam as a single... and now a unibody:
                    ahh I would be so much more excited if I didn't already have all of them
                    "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

My vaunted luck must be running out. The 3 Walmarts within 10 minutes of my home have all received what appears to be two cases each of new Cars singles. Unfortunately, they all appear to be case W, instead of the case D with Todd that others are finding.

They all have plenty of Fire & Rescue product, and all 3 had the 500 1/2 racers out as well. I'm not picking up any of those though, until the kids start asking for it. They have so many Cars & Planes at home already that I think they're overwhelmed.

Comment

No case D around here either. I did pick up Todd, Denise and Alex while out in California on vacation though. I got a look for it though.

Comment

Loaded with Case A here!

Comment

At least if you are going to be loaded with a case, it had pretty nice variety in it. So far, that's the best case of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                              Found these in the sale bins at half price! ( Direct from Mattel according to the store manager!)

About 6 x international deluxe case T with Taia Dec, Taco Truck Mater, Funny Mater, double decker bus, the queen.

About 20 2 packs of Acer with Helmet & Prof Z, ka ciao lightning & Francesco, some allinol launchers and both sumo 3 packs:

I've not seen these in stores before so was excited!

(PM me if anyone wants any!)
                              Not sure how I missed your post, SilverFrosty... that Deluxe case T is an incredible find... it's never been released in the US - Taia Decotura and Taco Truck Mater have never been released in the US... We saw loads of the Double Decker Bus... and Funny Car Mater and The Queen were a very limited release in the US (along with Kimura Kaizo)... I was fortunate to receive Taia Decotura and Taco Truck Mater from friends in Asia.

Comment

Found another Pietro and Miguel at TJMaxx..
                                -Steve
                                AKA Tmremote

Comment

Working...
                                X