No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - December 2014 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds Chris! My son would love all of those deluxes but I couldn't afford any of those at eBay prices in the UK! What is a flea market - a thrift shop or something?

Comment

Based on friends finding the Ice Racers in Maryland and Pennsylvania today, I made yet another trip to Dayton this afternoon... The Ice Racers have not made it to southwest Ohio yet... I did find Alberto and Geartrude at Target but Sally with Tattoo was gone... I'm hoping the Ice Racers arrive by Christmas.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
        Great finds Chris! My son would love all of those deluxes but I couldn't afford any of those at eBay prices in the UK! What is a flea market - a thrift shop or something?
        Yes, what we call a flea market in the US is a lot like a thrift shop in the UK... This one has several vendors who have space (booths) in an old TV and appliance store building... New and used items... Only 1 vendor sells Cars and Planes... Some of his prices are ridiculous... He has 2 Chuy in stock at $65 each and 2 Frank on Race O Rama card back for $80 each... Plus sales tax.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Definitely a useful extra avenue for cars! We don't really have thrift shops in the UK that I'm aware of, the closet to that is the charity shops of which there are an increasing amount. I always check them in the hopes that one day I will find el materdor!

Comment

Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
            Definitely a useful extra avenue for cars! We don't really have thrift shops in the UK that I'm aware of, the closet to that is the charity shops of which there are an increasing amount. I always check them in the hopes that one day I will find el materdor!
            The UK equivalent of a flea market is either a car boot sale or a jumble sale.

Comment

Target this morning has "Welcome to Piston Peak" 7-pack for $14.99 & "Cornfest" 4-pack for $7.99.
              No Ice Racers here yet.

Comment

Found the Ice Racers at Target today...they had to bring them from the back.

Comment

Originally posted by Micky View Post
                  Target this morning has "Welcome to Piston Peak" 7-pack for $14.99 & "Cornfest" 4-pack for $7.99.
                  No Ice Racers here yet.
                  Wow, 14.99 for the 7-pack, that's a good deal!
                  Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I picked one up. I'm pretty thrilled with getting it for that.

Comment

^^^Got one too. Just to keep a set boxed.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                      http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

I made yet another trip to southwest Ohio this morning... still no Ice Racers... I did buy the Fire and Rescue Welcome to Piston Peak 7 pack for $14.99... I'll probably keep it boxed and open my singles...And the McQueen in the display case which wasn't selling at $14 still isn't selling at $8.00.

Comment

I was in Kalamazoo, MI with a flat tire yesterday and stopped in Target while getting it repaired. Found 2 cases worth of Ice Racers. Super exciting, I bought one of each, 7 total at $4.99 each.
                          Today I went to Naperville, IL to their Meijer and Target, never been in theirs before. Target had Harumi and Cartney Carsper, got both. Meijer had Chesaki, Louis LaRue, Timothy Two Stroke and the Sputter Stop / Gasprin MM, got all those.

It was my first time seeing Timmy Twostroke and Chesaki ever. Only the second time I've seen Harumi, Cartney, LaRue and the MM.
                          On top of that I also found 3 of the 2015 Red Carpet series. Yellow Ramone, Snot Rod and Max Schnell, back in Belleville, MI. Grabbed those.
                          I've only ever seen the 2015 "Red Carpet" Series at Walmarts.

Comment

About time!

http://carstoys.wikia.com <--My wiki

http://flickr.com/carstoys/ <--My Flickr

Comment

Nice finds Nitroade and iopl3887!
                              Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

I've been Cars hunting the past few days but bought nothing.

I left more Alberto, Geartrude, L & G with headsets and Sally with Tattoos in a couple of stores.

I found the remnants in Coles supermarket of the first international version of Case L that I had seen which had no new cars apart from Interview Francesco. The difference in smile only made it an easy pass.

I also found my first 2015 case. This is the first 2015 case I have heard about in Australia. It was in Meyer department store in Melbourne city centre and unfortunately only had these 4 left that I have other cards of so left them:

Comment

Working...
                                X