Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksammut View Post
    Cool finds, Rbart1209!

I found the Ice Racers myself, too today! Target employee had to go into the stockroom to get a case. When he brought the case out, another gentleman was waiting with me. I wonder if he is on PCD?

I also got a Chicane (2014 NON-Treasure Hunt) and a Luigi and Guido with Headset single.
    Nice finds yourself! At every Target I asked an employee to see if they had the 4-pack, but all of them didn't. The only singles I've been finding lately are Luigi & Guido w/ Headsets, Louis Larue, and Holley Shiftwell w/ Screen, but I did get lucky today and found Interview Francesco.
    Youtube Channel RCcars5 | Google Plus Community Disney Cars & Planes Community

Comment

The ice racers look cool , but Vitaly Petrov is the only one I'll be looking to pick up.
      "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

I found the Ice Racers 4 pack today at Target but I didn't buy it. Just like the post above, I think the Vitaly single will be the only one I pick up.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Finally found a Target store within 100 miles that had Ice Racer singles... so I made a trip late this afternoon... strange case - it only had McQueen, Vitaly, Max, and Raoul... I also found Alberto, Sally with Tattoo, and Geartrude... stopped at 2 more Target stores and came up empty as well... the collector McQueen is back up to $14 and still not selling... I also stopped at a Walgreen's on the way back and found a Hot Wheels Loop Coupe treasure hunt.

I intend to pick up a Neon Racers 4 pack to open, 1 to keep carded, a complete set of the singles to keep carded, and the ones not in the 4 pack to open... that's more than some of you, but I won't be hoarding.

Alberto and Sally with Tattoo:
          Last edited by cac1959; 12-28-2014, 04:11 AM. Reason: Added pictures

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
            Finally found a Target store within 100 miles that had Ice Racer singles... so I made a trip late this afternoon... strange case - it only had McQueen, Vitaly, Max, and Raoul... I also found Alberto, Sally with Tattoo, and Geartrude... stopped at 2 more Target stores and came up empty as well... the collector McQueen is back up to $14 and still not selling... I also stopped at a Walgreen's on the way back and found a Hot Wheels Loop Coupe treasure hunt.

I intend to pick up a Neon Racers 4 pack to open, 1 to keep carded, a complete set of the singles to keep carded, and the ones not in the 4 pack to open... that's more than some of you, but I won't be hoarding.
            Nice finds! Yea, that's the same with me, two of the Targets I went to today only had the characters Max Schnell, Lightning McQueen, Vitaly Petrov, and Raoul CaRoule.

Comment

Finally found Alberto and Sally w/ Tattoo yesterday. Four Walmarts, 2 Targets, and 2 TRUs and that was all I found.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyjack View Post
                Finally found Alberto and Sally w/ Tattoo yesterday. Four Walmarts, 2 Targets, and 2 TRUs and that was all I found.
                this dry spell has lasted from like September and doesn't seem to have an end point yet. :/ Half of Mattel's 2014 releases haven't even hit stores around me yet... its aggravating.
                "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

We got a late start returning from my wife's sister's in southern Indiana yesterday so I didn't get a chance to stop at any Indianapolis Target stores yesterday... so today I decided to make the 110 mile one way trip to Columbus Ohio to check out a few Target and other stores.

Target stores in Dayton and Springfield got in case A of the Ice Racers singles... 5 McQueen, 3 Max, 2 Vitaly, and 2 Raoul per case... I'd mapped out 6 Target stores west of downtown Columbus and ended up only stopping at 4... all 4 had gotten case C of the Ice Racers singles with 4 McQueen and 1 each of Lewis, Miguel, and Shu... and 2 of them had the Ice Racers 4 packs.. so I no longer need any of the first 8 Ice Racers.

I also picked up Alberto and Sally with Tattoo and in fact ended up leaving some of them behind... 2 of the Target stores had gotten in case K with Mama Bernoulli and Todd - none of the stores had gotten in case L... so I still haven't seen case L singles in stores.

Stops at 1 Kroger, 1 Toys R US, 1 Meijer, and 2 Walmart stores were a waste.

Still, that's a pretty good way to end my 2014 Cars store finds and purchases.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Nice finds! Went to four Targets today and some other uneventful stores. All the Targets had Case L, only one of the Targets didn't have Marcelo & Marco so I ended up buying all the Marcelos & Marcos I found except for two that had damaged cards. I also bought 3 Henri Motisses and 3 Jonathan Shiftkos so it was a good hunting day today since I came back with 5 Marcelos & Marcos!

Comment

Wow, Rbart, what I would give to just see one of any of those! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Nitroade View Post
                        Wow, Rbart, what I would give to just see one of any of those! :P
                        Yea, I got lucky that day, lol. I was at a Target near Naperville a while ago and saw some remnants of Case L along with the Ice Racers, but found Marcelo and Marco just a few days ago further south.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbart1209 View Post
                          Yea, I got lucky that day, lol. I was at a Target near Naperville a while ago and saw some remnants of Case L along with the Ice Racers, but found Marcelo and Marco just a few days ago further south.
                          So you're the one taking all the good ones around here! ;P
                          I stop in the Naperville Target every now and then and have only ever seen the remains of good cases. Haven't seen the Ice Racers there so I guess I should head back over.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitroade View Post
                            So you're the one taking all the good ones around here! ;P
                            I stop in the Naperville Target every now and then and have only ever seen the remains of good cases. Haven't seen the Ice Racers there so I guess I should head back over.
                            I don't live to close to Napeville so I don't go there that often, but when I went to the Naperville Target all I bought were 2 Interview Francescos and Ice Racers Lewis Hamilton, Miguel Camino, and Shu Todoroki. I left at least one of each Ice Racer character and cars like Louis Larue and Holley Shiftwell w/ Screen. Sorry if I bought what you were looking for, hopefully you can still find them!

Comment

Ah, I see. It's probably been 2/3 weeks since I visited that target / meijer. It's a small drive for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Frosty View Post
                                I've been Cars hunting the past few days but bought nothing.

I left more Alberto, Geartrude, L & G with headsets and Sally with Tattoos in a couple of stores.

I found the remnants in Coles supermarket of the first international version of Case L that I had seen which had no new cars apart from Interview Francesco. The difference in smile only made it an easy pass.

I also found my first 2015 case. This is the first 2015 case I have heard about in Australia. It was in Meyer department store in Melbourne city centre and unfortunately only had these 4 left that I have other cards of so left them:

I think I know which Coles store you found that at... but which one was it, really?
                                Shoney.... the Amazin BLAZIN Raisin

Comment

Working...
                                X