Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raginpage
    replied
    Congrats on the finds. I hope the larger car hunt goes well also.
    The cars hunters must be back out in force. I see nothing but case remnants anymore when there is a case, most often at Target. I haven't seen anything new at Walmart besides the road trip cars in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Thank you, carslover.

Great point, Raginpage - I can't believe that they haven't released a Mater's Tall Tale about the Road Trip yet... just saw excerpts on one of the Cars 3 previews during the Super Bowl.

Made a trip to the Dayton (Ohio) area this evening to check out vehicles to replace my Honda Civic... the Civic that had been on many Cars hunting trips and seen many other Cars collectors including Steve Luebbe, Darren Wilson, Jim Scavenger, Rick Pagett, Brent Page, as well as many others from years past... on the way home stopped at a Dayton area Meijer hoping to find new singles... saw Don Crumlin and Victor H but left them... was pleasantly surprised to see these Deluxe Cars;

Brian rang up as a single - it was priced at $3.79... no problems buying Charlie (Target has a street date of 5/1/17 and won't sell it - you have to self-scan another Deluxe and drop Charlie in the sack).

If all goes well I'll have a replacement vehicle by early next week.

Leave a comment:

• Raginpage
    replied
    I have seen the new road trip cars. I think I would have been more interested if they had come out with a short featuring them. I'm still disappointed they didn't do that with law enforcement ones. It seems like they've planned a lot of such things without ever really delivering.

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied
    nice find cac

no sign of them in any of my walmarts so far

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Great finds, carslover and Silver Frosty.

I went to the local Walmart before work yesterday... nothing new on the pegs or shelves but on the top shelf I found these:

Been awhile since I bought new Cars in a store... of course, when you consider that I've been borrowing a vehicle for the last 2 weeks since my Civic quit Cars trips are not practical or important... hoping to have a replacement vehicle by the end of the week, if all goes well.

Leave a comment:

• RCcars5
    replied
    Originally posted by Raginpage View Post
    I keep finding Tim Rimmer, but nothing else from that case.
    Same here! I've only found one Kevin Shiftright and none of Flik.

Leave a comment:

• Raginpage
    replied
    I keep finding Tim Rimmer, but nothing else from that case.

Leave a comment:

• Silver Frosty
    replied
    Found case a and b in Melbourne yesterday and picked up new ones

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Sweet finds, Homercleez and carslover!

I'm going to work on adding some case content section to the site, Homercleez - it may take a while to compile and I will probably not compile a complete list on my own... but I will try to add new content.

That 1:24 Jada McQueen looks nice - I may or may not purchase those... looks like my Civic may be at the end of life and replacing it won't be cheap.

Leave a comment:

• carslover
    replied
    I found this McQueen made by jada today at walmart

appears to be 1:24 scale and looks like there will be more to come

Leave a comment:

• Homercleez
    replied
    2017 cars in Coles Melbourne are finally here. Just wondering where else besides the CTT site I can see case assortments
    Also the new cards look great without the app snipe[emoji51][emoji1303]

Leave a comment:

• Faux Wheel Drive
    replied
    Sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Faux Wheel Drive
    replied
    Just got this off eBay for $145! It's in mint condition with no chips so I think I paid a good price. IMG_4931.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Homercleez
    replied
    Was in toyworld in Melbourne yesterday and saw a heap of 2016 short card cars. According to the world of cars forum (David Vincent) there are 6 cars Lewis, Nigel, Snotrod, DJ, Lightning Ramone, Luigi&Guido, but I also saw a WGP McQueen there too. Sorry haven't got any picks might get some at a later date. Also the blisters were all taped on.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Stopped at an Indianapolis Target store Saturday night on my way back from the funeral of a family member... I found 2 packs that I already had (Raoul Pitty/crew chief. Acer/Grem with helmets which I bought and Mater/McQueen without tires and Dan/Kim which I didn't)... the Darrell and Bob with Microphones came from Amazon:

I also found a few singles that were Cars I already had but bought Tim Rimmer and Flik - the Jason Hubkap was a Walmart find from Friday night.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X