Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cac1959
    replied
    Glad to hear you found a few new Cars at Kohl's, GotFrank... I did well at one and found loads of case A at another on Saturday.

I went to the local Walmart during lunch yesterday... Brickseek showed 4 additional 5 packs in stock... I bought the Thunder Hollow and Race For the Piston Cup... the bad news is these are the worst condition boxed sets I've ever seen.

Not sure if a fork lift or semi ran over them or what... sigh.

Still looking for the new Target 4 pack and 11 pack.

Leave a comment:

• GotFrank
    replied
    Thanks for the Kohl's heads up Chris! My first store was a wash. All case: A stuff. Still a couple of octagon Miss Fritters. The second store had the new stuff. I got an Arvy and Taco, left Dr. Damage and Mr. Drippy. As I had already gotten them for retail from TRU and Amazon. I had a lady check the back for Morgan and Cigalert. But came up empty there. But she was glad to go look. Which was nice, great customer service at Kohl's. Kinda makes up for the price markups there.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Pictures...

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Recent Finds - 2017 Store Finds and Purchases

This past Saturday I decided to make a trip to Dayton in search of new Cars... the first Walmart appeared to have a new case of boxed sets in stock but would not bring them out... I went to a Kohls and found new singles and Deluxe.

I gave one of the Fabulous Lightning McQueen singles to a 5 year old boy who came to the Cars area as I was leaving toys... no Super Chase or Mr Drippy but still was pleased with what I did find even if they were expensive.

Next stop was Marshalls and I found 2 singles which I'd previously only found at Meijer.

Nothing at the Target, Meijer, TJ Maxx, Kohls stores I went to next... I saw and left this at a Toys R US

$40 for 1 new Car and 1 new accessory is too much money.

I found nothing new at the Kroger Marketplace I stopped at... and at the second Walmart, my last stop of the day was what I'd hoped to find... the 2 new boxed sets! Thunder Hollow 5 pack with 3 new Cars and a new variant McQueen as Chester Whipplefilter and Race for the Piston Cup 5 pack with first look Lane Locke.

My best Cars hunting trip in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Saturday I made my first and only diecast store purchase in over a month... the Smokey variant with the long bed... here are pictures...

The long bed Smokey says Hudson on the back of the card on the lower right side:

I also found a Pop! Vinyl Ramone on clearance:

I did not buy the Jada Dinoco Cruz Ramirez due to paint flaws on the Car.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I found these at an Indianapolis Toys R US yesterday:

Nothing new at a Target that I checked.

And I found this at a Dayton Walmart a couple of weeks ago:

Leave a comment:

• Raginpage
    replied
    We have found most of what is currently available. We purchased Jackson Storm, Cal Weathers, Dinoco Cruz, Target Exclusive LMQ, Natalie Certain, and the Combuster racer. I'm anxious to purchase the Fabulous Lightning McQueen when it comes out and remain curious to see how future racers, haulers and potential pit crews are treated.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Went to 2 Toys R US and 2 Target stores on Saturday... Got a 2nd Desert Race 11 pack to open at Target and bought the Smokey 5 pack at TRU to qualify for an in-store promo:

The promo was choice of these; I bought enough to get both.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Made a quick trip to Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon to visit our youngest son, his wife, and their 2 kids... stopped at one Target... had success.

One of the 3 Rusteze Racing Center McQueen singles was on the pegs... I paged a team member who went to the back and got me 2 more... Arvy is for our grandson to play with in the tub - he liked it... it squirts water... as Liam is visiting for the week, I'll let him open the Mack and Frank that I'd purchased previously.

A friend in Florida found that they are now packaging the Rusteze Racing Center McQueen in a case of 24:

Evidently Target played hardball with Mattel - these were supposed to come in a case with 3 of these and 21 repeats... and I've seen nothing but case A singles at any Target store.

A local friend found these in another Indy Target:

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    just back from italy, cars 3 are there but at 10 to 13 euro gave them a miss, did find cars comcs with the freebie plastic car on it, got shiny wax, pleased with that, also got a wee bully plastic mcmissle on his hydrofoils.
    got a few diecast ferraris and collecting addiction was satisfied with the panini giro d,itaia stickers, which reminds me cars 3 panini stickers must be out soon.

rem those micro racers , cant seem to find the link that has the codes on, could anyone help please

no photos this time , took colour change mater but forgot to take him out with me, he was permantly blue in the heat, put him in the fridge and that got him back to brown!!!

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Originally posted by BuschWhacker Reviews View Post
    Finally found some of the (B?) case stuff at my Walmart, they had the whole a case endcap and then these few laying around in the isle,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great finds, BuschWhacker Reviews! Congratulations!

Leave a comment:

• BuschWhacker Reviews
    replied
    Finally found some of the (B?) case stuff at my Walmart, they had the whole a case endcap and then these few laying around in the isle,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    I'll try to add photos later... not only does the local Walmart have a fully stocked regular Cars area featuring case C singles and a large aisle in the front of the store that includes loads of case A singles, they set up a shipper that contains over 300 singles (all case C) and are setting up an end cap with 2 large sides that will have singles and other Cars 3 toys... I hope they put out case B or newer singles - I don't need any more case A or C singles.

The Meijer ad contains Cars 3 toys - it's been a long time since Meijer has featured Cars toys... the ad shows case B singles - I've yet to see any cases other than case A at Meijer so far.

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Awesome finds, DraculaMater123! Congratulations!

I found a few case B racers pm Saturday night at Walmart stores in western Ohio... I was hoping to find the Rusteze Racing Center McQueen single at Target but they are in a special shipper marked with a street date of June 16.

Unfortunately this display from Walmart #4 contained only case A singles:

I found a Dr Damage at Walmart #3... #3 only had 12 singles anywhere in the store.

Leave a comment:

• DraculaMater123
    replied
    Found these today at walmart no doctor damage thoughimage.jpg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X