Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been Cars hunting? Show us what your stores looked like.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombom77, I hate to see employee's act like the people that come in to buy product are IGNORANT consumers! You clearly know more about Cars and that stores handling of them than HE did. He obviously did not want to help ... sad sad sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
      Didnt take pics today as I had the wee man in tow but I can describe and im sure you lot will have no problem with the visualisation!

Asda.....Nothing except a smattering of LMQ/Francesco 2 packs and a few silver racers (This is a store with a Disney section too! Crap!)

First Tesco....Remnants of a 2013 case that included Mater and LMQ and a few Porta Corsa Carded Finns/LMQ/Bernoulli's

2nd Tesco - Had some 2013 cards but the usual suspects. I did pick up Nick Cartone and they did have a full case of Case Y. I asked as Cust. Services about the 2013 cards, was told the next delivery date for those was July 12th!

3rd Tesco - 2 Clips strips of Porta Corsa stuff, inc, Suki, GGG, Bindo, Fillmore but naff all else.

Last stop was Sainsburys. Picked up Cactus McQ (If only to stop the wee one nagging for a new car lol) asked about next delivery and was total contrast to last time. Guy could NOT have been more UNhelpful, if he had tried. Told me that he had just put them out, they were in a case but he put them on a clip strip. Asked about next delivery and without checking said, never know. I said last time i asked, was told they were in transit, he said, yeah, could turn up anytime, I replied with, was told they would be in following day and they were. Told me i was lucky!

Said he doesn't think they will have any more in now (talking crap imo) and asked about planes and he said unless they were on a short promotion, the next toy "refit" was September so if they haven't got them now or made room for them now, they wont have them.

Didnt even waste my gas to go to Smyths and TRU, Dadgum!
      So, did you pick up GGG & Bindo? Nothing new in my area but old stock! Might also pick up a 2013 Catcus LMQ just to feed the need of buying something!

Comment

I took 4 pictures today, but for some reason only 2 showed up on my phone. I hit 2 Walmarts and a Target today.

Here is the picture from the first Walmart. All Francesco singles. The second Walmart was the same story, only 1 Grem w/ weapon among all the Francescos. Next I went to a Target hoping to find some fresh Case Gs...

All I found were more Francesco singles. They did have the new 7 pack with Chauncy Fares. Not paying $30 for 1 new Car though. If I had that kind of cash to spend, I'd have already ordered the Radiator Springs beginnings set and the Wedding day set from Disney. Maybe I'll have better luck tonight on my way home.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

No I left Bindo and GGG cos the wee man was misbehaving so he didnt get a car. I have GGG secreted away lol.

Jeff - I Agree. It wouldnt have hurt to "humour" me and scan it to check stock levels and if there was a consignment due. Crap customer service!

Comment

The Christmas Cars from winteremelon's pics are actually Wooden Finn McMissile and Mater like Flash said. I'm pretty sure you can still find them at US TRU's, but I really shouldn't be saying anything since the last time I walked into a TRU was well over 4 months ago..

Comment

TRU Outlet Atlantic City NJ

Not much in the way of singles, but some playsets and things.
              Last edited by Scavenger; 06-24-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Scavenger - I spy with my little eye, something beginning with Colossus XXL

Originally posted by Fillmore1234 View Post
                The Christmas Cars from winteremelon's pics are actually Wooden Finn McMissile and Mater like Flash said. I'm pretty sure you can still find them at US TRU's, but I really shouldn't be saying anything since the last time I walked into a TRU was well over 4 months ago..
                Yep definitely the Wooden Collection "Christmas" editions from the 2011 holiday season. There was also a "festive" Sally and LMQ pair if I recall. Ugh. Probably the only WC cars (long since discontinued) we left by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                  Scavenger - I spy with my little eye, something beginning with Colossus XXL
                  Yep some decent stuff here, nothing I would like to buy right now...but if they throw a good sale I will grab a Flo's V8 Cafe and the Tractor Tipping set. Maybe the Metallic Micro Drifters 8 pack. Also its kinda hard to see but at the bottom right is the 3-way Tie box set which is a nice set but pretty expensive! I also like those tins on the top shelf and the lunch box type carrying cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                    Yep some decent stuff here, nothing I would like to buy right now...but if they throw a good sale I will grab a Flo's V8 Cafe and the Tractor Tipping set. Maybe the Metallic Micro Drifters 8 pack. Also its kinda hard to see but at the bottom right is the 3-way Tie box set which is a nice set but pretty expensive! I also like those tins on the top shelf.
                    Ah I see Chick lurking there and can just about make out McQueen's tongue

That set is a reissue, right? No great interest myself but curious as to how much they're charging as the TRU stuff seems to be marked at a premium.

Comment

I think that set is $40

Comment

I am going to another TRU tonight and will see what other wooden cars they have.
                        I will post picture and price. I will help anyone who is interested :>

Comment

Jim, out of curio, whats the cost on Flo's and would you have any idea on the shipping cost to the UK?

You can see where I'm going with this, right? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                            Jim, out of curio, whats the cost on Flo's and would you have any idea on the shipping cost to the UK?

You can see where I'm going with this, right? lol
                            Flo's is about $40 plus tax and then shipping. I think it would be about a 3 pound box ... about $30 to ship first class ... maybe $45 for Priority Mail ... just guessing on the shipping though.

Comment

I think flos is like $40 also

Comment

^^^Yeah. What they said.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Working...
                                X