Recent Finds: October 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few finds today,
    tru, the radiator springs range, nice to see the old faces again, mind dexter hoover would have been nice with a checker rather than a yellow flag, the metallic take flight mater and mcq, 16.99, very nice too, full range of christmas packs, mater with antlers, etc, also had the pit stop play pack at half price, now its 14.99
    txmaxx, a few plastic r/c items
    home bargains, good range of reduced deluxe stuff, at 3.99

might cycle into town in the morning as I havnt been in ds for a while, well if it aint raining

Comment

MrBrownstone - Was the Bindo one of the Mattel £4.50 cars?

If so, I can't work out what's going on at Disney Store! They took delivery of Case 996S (with Don Crumlin and Officer Murakarmi) a few weeks ago. Most of the shops I visited sold all their stocks and then promptly removed what was left to make space for more of their own stuff. Every Disney Store I went to after then (Oxford Street, Covent Garden, Kingston, Birmingham and Stratford) said that they had dropped the range!

Maybe it's down to individual shops to decide whether to stock them?

Could you find what case they came from, 996T (possible) or 996W (probable)?

Thanks,
      Nigel

Comment

niftynigel - not sure of the case letter, but it was Prince Wheeliam that I missed out on.

Delivery arrived today (well last night) - next one is Thursday night so I'll be makign an early mornign trip on Friday... Not sure if there'll be cars on it yet as they only get the inventory tomorrow

I spoke to the staff there and they didn't know anything about the line being dropped!

Comment

hate the expression OMG! what a prize to miss out...hopefully if they get another one, they will hold on to it for you!

Transformers for Trade
          Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Originally posted by DeceptiCog72283 View Post
            hate the expression OMG! what a prize to miss out...hopefully if they get another one, they will hold on to it for you!
            Fingers crossed

Comment

this probably isn't going to make you feel better but thanks for the tip off!

could see as i went into the bath ds they had a few new cars but only about 20-30 on the shelf in total - mainly mcqueen's at the front and mater's toward the back but then suddenly noticed the top of a chase logo on a car two rows back and there was wheeliam - picked him up and behind was bindo

Comment

so jelly again!

Prince wheeliam is definetly one of the best looking cars IMO

Transformers for Trade
                Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

Great scores, MrBrownstone and Yuffie...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

yuffie, this is why we collect cars, going from a low and then wham, getting a really great find, the fun of the chase and all that (no pun intended)
                    Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                    this probably isn't going to make you feel better but thanks for the tip off!

could see as i went into the bath ds they had a few new cars but only about 20-30 on the shelf in total - mainly mcqueen's at the front and mater's toward the back but then suddenly noticed the top of a chase logo on a car two rows back and there was wheeliam - picked him up and behind was bindo

Comment

Nice one yuffie.

Yes boogity, it does feel great when we find something new. This past week has been a good cars week for me

Comment

excellent finds all.hopefully these are signs that the wheel is turning (albeit slowly)

Comment

This is purely guesswork on my behalf, but I wonder whether Disney Store were negotiating a deal to have some exclusive cases (and hence some exclusive cars too)? Although case 996S was in the UK back in March/April, it didn't have the same contents as the rest of Europe and possibly other international markets.

Case 996S appeared in September in Disney Stores only. I was originally told to expect regular deliveries until Christmas. The cars largely sold out and then all five stores I visited at the end of September had removed their Mattel cars. I asked why and was told that they had dropped the range; the Disney range was in their place! Some of the stores, particularly Oxford Street is a small shop, so space is limited. You take what staff tell you in good faith, but the fact that Bindo and Prince Wheeliam have appeared is great news!

Hopefully, if we've all got Acer/torch and Celine Dephare by now, the supermarkets may also be getting new cases (with yet more new UK cars)!? Let's hope so!!

Mattel is at best, unpredicatable, so who knows what's going to happen!

I'm guessing that we maybe catching up and that as someone else hinted at, we may have missed Vladimir Trunkov, Victor H. and Becky Wheelin' unless they get put into newer cases?

After all, there are 24 cars in a case. It wouldn't be that difficult to put a couple of each in case, even now!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                            Some of the stores, particularly Oxford Street is a small shop, so space is limited.
                            this was why i didn't head to the bath store with great optimism yesterday - the oxford street one is like an aircraft hanger in comparison!

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                              I'm guessing that we maybe catching up and that as someone else hinted at, we may have missed Vladimir Trunkov, Victor H. and Becky Wheelin' unless they get put into newer cases?
                              Becky Wheelin was at my Disney Store (at least one) as a person who I trust that works at the Disney Store said that they had and sold her (I trust her as she actually collects the cars too) - since she told me about it no more have been received!

Not seen Victor H and Vladimir, but I'm hopefull we'll see them in future cases as they're not chase cars - I fear that we'll not see Becky again...

Comment

I'd never been in a Disney Store before we started collecting Cars, back in February this year. I knew there was one in Kingston-upon-Thames, but that one relocated to a slightly smaller store downstairs in the Bentalls Centre.

It was only when I was reading a post on another forum about the Final Lap series being sold off at Disney Stores in the UK that prompted me to look there. That was about May/June I think, so Becky Wheelin' may have come and gone by then?

Since case 996S came out originally, there has only been 996T (Europe), 996U (UK recently), 996V, 996W, 996Y plus 997H and 997J (all Europe). Cases 996W, 996Y and 997J have only just come out, so we don't know what's in them. Case 997H had 35 - Kabuto (3no) in it.

That leaves only two cases 996T and 996V to have Vladimir, Victor, Becky, Bindo and Prince in them.

Bindo and Prince are together, maybe case 996V? That's my guess for the current Disney case with possibly case W/Y for the supermarkets?

Vladimir, Victor and Becky must have been together in case 996T. That's my guess. I could be completely wrong!?

I don't speak French, German, Italian, Dutch or Flemish (Belgian) so I can't really ask someone on eBay Europe what cases contained what cars!

Comment

Working...
                                X