No announcement yet.

Recent Finds: October 2012 Store Finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been on a Cars hunt this afternoon and its been a big disappointment.
    Been to my Disney store down in lakeside and they have stopped doing them. Also been to a few other stores. Nothing in TKmaxx Boots, Asda, and this picture shows Tesco's new stock.
    Yes its case D from last year. 2 new sealed cases on the top shelf with the number 2441EAA.
    That shows how much old stock there is still about.

Comment

Both of those cases are W2325 'clipstrip' type. The newest car I've seen in that series is 29 - Radiator Springs Ramone. That format appears to be popular; they do sell, maybe because they are more prominently displayed than the regular carded singles, which at many supermarkets are just thrown in a box or basket on the bottom shelf! The cards get quickly damaged, so they are not attractive to serious card collectors!

Like Toys R Us, I think the supermarkets source their Mattel stocks from various suppliers, not just Mattel UK. They may see a bigger selection (albeit an old one) in the clipstrips rather than the standard j-hanger singles, although case assortments have improved in recent months!

Now that you have confirmed that Lakeside Disney Store have dropped the standard singles, it would appear that the London area Disney Stores have all done the same? I contacted one store near me, Crawley (West Sussex) and they said they had a few Maters, but wouldn't be ordering any more.

My local ToyMaster franchise (Toy Barnhaus) have had cars standard singles on backorder for weeks, but say Mattel UK are still reporting that they are out of stock! They haven't had any deliveries of standard singles since mid June!

Comment

micro drifters down to 4.48 in tescos, a more realistic price for these little cars

Comment

Just called the Disney Store and there's a Prince Wheeliam been put aside for me...

Comment

In TRU UK today.

Comment

Most excellent news Mr B!!! I can honestly say yet again that i am jealous.

Nice find pirelliboy

Transformers for Trade
              Feedback: pixarcarsdiecast.com; cybertron.ca; tfw2005.com; ebay.ca

Comment

got don grumlin in ds, seems any other new stuff had already been snapped up, think they are concentrating on the 1.43, which from a retailing point of view is understandable

Comment

Went to a few stores in western Ohio today... out of 3 Kmart stores, none had any idea about next Saturday's Kmart 9 event... not much merchandise at all... Stopped at 1 Target... nothing worth buying... did find Take Flight Case B at 1 of 2 Walmart stores and bought the 2 Aviator Mater and a Lightning McQueen Hawk.

Saw the first case of 2013 Hot Wheels at both Walmart stores... no sign of the Treasure Hunt or secret Treasure Hunt.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to TRU for the first time in about a month. Saw a few take flight items (first time I see them around here). Stu Bop, autonaut mater and 2 lightning hawk mcqueen guys as well as the two pack metallic hawk mater and hawk mcquuen. (i really dont know their real names lol). There was also about 2 metallic francesco and about 6-7 metallic raoul. Really tempted to buy the raoul and stu bop, but kmart 9 is taking priority right now.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

went to target All these were filled with Fin McMissle, no one else, front to back!

Went to CARS LAND, CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE today and scored 2 geargrinders! and some others:

Comment

The TRUs around me have restocked RS cars to the point that Take Flights were overstocked. I hope these sell well so we can see some future rereleases and not clog the pegs and kill this line.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                        http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

looked back in ds this morning and there were two more prince wheeliam plus a few bindo's

they'd also moved the cars display right to the front of the shop and it was larger than before, although i guess this is mainly because of the increased numbers of their own 1.43 scale cars

Comment

Great finds, yuffie and SNOOZE... I need another Prince Wheeliam so I can open one.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Went to 1 TRU and found the following...

Radiator springs classics of

Octane gain
                              Mater
                              Sheriff

and an extra Hudson

I didn't see others i'll go hunting monday

Comment

went to one of my local walmarts and they had nothign new at all.

All finn, lmqs and francesco. They also had a bunch of the 3 for $10 packs with a bunch of the other racers. Shu, Nigel, Raoul.

Checked my other local walmart. It was the same old, but for some reason they have a ridiculous amount of Petrov Trunkovs. I'd say I saw at least 15 of him on the pegs.

Picked up this guy, spotted earlier at TRU. Gave my wife the sad puppy eyes and said it was an xmas gift for our son lol

spotted this guy. First time I see this one in store...not sure if I like it or not. Anyone know if moon mater is diecast in the set? He was wrapped in hard plastic so couldn't tell. Roger is all plastic though.

Last edited by DeceptiCog72283; 10-14-2012, 03:58 PM.

Transformers for Trade

Comment

Working...
                                X