Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
    TEASER!! What's IN IT?!?!?! LOLOL
    No tease Jeff, it's what you guys had as case D. Wingo, DJ, Security Finn etc.

It's just with this retailer clogged up with 2012 overstock, I wondered if the label change was in any way interesting. Probably not.

Comment

• Ughhhhh ... sigh .... gasp .... sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        One for Nigel this, not sure what it means if anything other than they recycled a case...

The nearest I've seen to this before was in the dark days at the beginning of 2012. Mattel was selling reassortments with over-stickered numbers like W1938-8500 etc. I'm sure they would say there was method in their madness, but many collectors in the UK thought they had totally lost the plot!

I can only guess that you could be right on a recycled case or one that was printed wrongly! They probably printed the wrong number of case numbers to match the assortments? Does the incompetence of this company know no bounds?

Answers on the back of a spare Lightning McQueen cardback!

Well ...

... The middle of July has come and gone, we have a heatwave, so what is Mattel's excuse for not getting the next wave of cars into stores? Overstocks of old stock per chance?

Comment

• I did try to peel back the case sticker but it was seriously glued. Same with the '9' sticker applied to the other reference below it (date/place of manufacture?).

Comment

• Found these today

Comment

• seems like sainsbury's is back on the 2013 case but my initial excitement was tempered when i realised it was another case G

managed to grab a chase miles

Comment

• Hi

Just joined and this is my first post.

I saw this case on the top shelf at Tesco in Bristol on Monday evening.
                It had been opened and two cars missing but the contents seemed to match the 2013 Singles Case D. (I bought a Krate Rainson-Wash).

Comment

• I received a lovely package today from Chicago and my lovely friend bubba mater sent me francesco fan mater! Also got franz and chug from disney store USA! So chuffed and they are fabulous! Yay!

Comment

• Sainsburys are indeed back in the game! Called in this evening to find these chaps waiting patiently for me. Sadly the "one" was already MIA

2013-07-25 19.45.14.jpg

Still, chuffed to get my hands on Hank!

Comment

• Nice score bombom77!! Cannot wait to see those in person here in the States.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                        Sainsburys are indeed back in the game! Called in this evening to find these chaps waiting patiently for me. Sadly the "one" was already MIA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2735[/ATTACH]

The "one"? If you mean Snotters, he's not in that Brent/Maurice/Vern case.

Comment

• Congratulations on your great find, Bombom77... I am getting impatient waiting for these and case H singles.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                            Sainsburys are indeed back in the game! Called in this evening to find these chaps waiting patiently for me. Sadly the "one" was already MIA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2735[/ATTACH]

Congratulations on your finds! What are the date stamps on the cardbacks? It'll be interesting if they are similar to Disney Stores batch!

That said, Disney Stores didn't actually get cases 997W and 997Y, but *unmarked* cases directly imported from Mattel Asia, with similar contents to the touted 997W and 997Y cases. If these are the *true* 997W and 997Y cases appearing, it'll be interesting to see if NATURE DRIVE LIGHTING McQUEEN is in case 997Y or once again substituted with LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels)? Even more interesting, I wonder if any Super Chase YUKIO will turn up on these shores, probably not, but one can only hope!

My nearest Disney Store said they were expecting at least two, possibly four cases to be delivered tonight. They also said they were being distributed to other Disney Stores once again, this week. Go get 'em!

So much for my (lying) local Sainsburys *Toy Manager* who said the reason why they haven't replenished stocks in about three weeks is because it's a discontinuted line! I questioned her a number of times and eventually she looked on the computer and said that proved she was right! That's another example of poor customer service I have come to expect from some Sainsburys. Not all of them, as some are excellent.
                            Last edited by niftynigel; 07-25-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• yeah i went to sainsburys the other day just after id been to b and q to get some top soil, upon my return to the car the dog had ripped the packing and dug most of the soil out with his paws, the boot and the rear seats were covered and it subseqentely took me an age hoovering said soil out and cleaning the car

it should also be noted that there was nothing whatsoever in sainsburys, - as per usual

Comment

• Enzo - The "One" being Mr. Clutchgoneski!

Datestamp on the back of the card.....

Maurice: 1093EAA
                                Hank: 1073EAA
                                Brent: 1083EAA
                                Vern: 1083EAA

Guy I spoke with was real helpful, told me they had "1.2" cases in stock and on shelf and once that dropped under 1 case, another would be auto ordered. Me buying 4 may have triggered that!

Will have to check it on Sunday and next weds now to see if they have another case and IF its the same case!

Comment

Working...
                                X