Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Alex carvill in Smyths toys today along with 2 unopened cases on the top shelf,going back tomorrow to unleash them
    They also had 2 x arturo planes tent packs.

Asda had US clipstrip cards of Alex,race official Tom,and a ripslinger tent pack .

Comment

• Went to Smyths toys today and got these

They had 2 unopened boxes of cars on the top shelf there,they were both full of 2012 cars 2 porto corsa cards and was the case which contained don crumlin,mel dorado,Lewis,etc.
      Also got to open 3 different planes cases looking for rochelle and ishani,but sadly no joy,they had a few chug cases there.
      On about to leave the store the manager pulled me to one side and said that there were more cars in the stockroom,and the cars I had are in the pic provided

Comment

• in southampton yesterday on the way to eastleigh for football and found the most cars i've seen in a disney store - nothing out of the ordinary though

Comment

• Nothing new found for ages now

Comment

• couple more home bargains finds,
            more light and sounds, finn, francseco, axelrod and rod
            picked up a nice 1.32 ish scale pull back raoul, reckon I could covert this to run on the scalextric track - nice car and nice size
            they only had schu and probably more were there at the beginning

nigel , how do you think hb gets all this stuff?
            afterall anything they get on the cars front seems to fly out

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
              couple more home bargains finds,
              more light and sounds, finn, francseco, axelrod and rod
              picked up a nice 1.32 ish scale pull back raoul, reckon I could covert this to run on the scalextric track - nice car and nice size
              they only had schu and probably more were there at the beginning

nigel , how do you think hb gets all this stuff?
              afterall anything they get on the cars front seems to fly out

I don't know too much about Home Bargains and other similar outlets, but I guess that there could be a number of reasons?

1). They have a defined market, being cheaper than elsewhere on a lot of end of line ranges.

2). They have aggressive buyers / negotiators.

3). No one else wants the ranges they sell. What stores are willing to stock up on Cars 2 Lights & Sounds and sell them at 8.99 or more?

4). Mattel UK sources lots of overstocks and rejects from all over the world, often at knock down prices. TRU and Smyths have taken Cars 2 Deluxe, Doubles and some singles. ASDA and Wilkinson have too.

Comment

Working...
              X