Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations on your awesome finds, foxrfc... I've not seen any of those in US stores as of yet (although I do have Final Lap Donna Pits from several years ago)... what a great first post!

Welcome to the site - please post an introduction in the Member Introductions thread at:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...-Introductions

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Was in Sainsbury's yesterday as a fresh case was being put out.......Sadly it was 996Y, although we did buy a HH LMQ because Dylan pointed out that we didn't actually have him.

Thanks to foxrfc's tip off i managed to bag a mark wheelson, luigi/guido with shakers and a marlon this morning so it's not all bad. Sadly there was no Donna or RPM but overall a good snag

Comment

• Surprised RPM had gone as there was at least 1 and then another in the window. Out of interest which Sainsbury had the fresh case?

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
          Surprised RPM had gone as there was at least 1 and then another in the window. Out of interest which Sainsbury had the fresh case?
          It was my local store Taplow.

Comment

• It would appear Morrisons have the Toymaster case, Boost with flames was seen yesterday by a family member in a store near Milton Keynes, however nothing else was there apart from the usual box warmers.

Comment

• New 'old' finds for me today. Stopped at TRU to find fresh stock! Okay, so it's not that fresh as the selection was on Porta Corsa cards but a slightly different to what I have seen there in the past. Lots of Kubuto, Meldardo, Rod etc... found this little fella at the bottom of a stand up display. I had previously missed this guy so pleased to get him! All Cars are £2.98 a great price!

DON CRUMLIN.jpg
              Attached Files
              Last edited by VANDANCE; 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update on finding the Toymaster case at Morrisons, foxrfc., and congratulations on finding Don Crumlin at a good price, VANDANCE!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Thanks mate, now he's captive just after J.Curby now. I hope he's released soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                    New 'old' finds for me today. Stopped at TRU to find fresh stock! Okay, so it's not that fresh as the selection was on Porta Corsa cards but a slightly different to what I have seen there in the past. Lots of Kubuto, Meldardo, Rod etc... found this little fella at the bottom of a stand up display. I had previously missed this guy so pleased to get him! All Cars are £2.98 a great price!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2812[/ATTACH]
                    Were they all on US cards (with the names on the front)?

It may well be great to finally get Don Crumlin for you, which is great news, but how much more overstock from other countries do we have to get in the UK?

Wilkinsons are currently out of the game, as they got nearly 1,000 very old US Cars 2 cases just before last Christmas. It was the case (F) with five, yes five Finn McMissiles in each case! Unsurprisingly, there are lots Finns languishing in the trays at Wilkinsons!

Wilkinsons are a big loss for Cars collectors as they are in most towns.

Comment

• Seems Wilko, TRU, Asda and Argos are all out of the game at the moment, if it wasn't for the Mike cases at Tesco they would also be in the Black book.

The only decent thing I did see 'after it ended!' was that Argos were selling Planes for £5.59 and also 3 for 2 so you could get 3 planes characters for £11.18. The planes go for just under £7 in most places so I could of saved £10 darn.

Seems we will just have to keep going with Morrison's, Disney, Sainsbury's and Toymaster for now.

Comment

• Just noticed the 7 car set from Smyths is reduced to £24.99 at the moment:

http://www.smythstoys.com/cars-the-m...128073itm.aspx

A little better price wise?

Comment

• Thought we would venture out today cars hunting..... shouldn't of wasted the petrol! No new cars and no new planes.

Is others in the uk having trouble finding anything other then silver racers and the usual shelf warmers?

Comment

• Same here bud. Managed to find Franca in one store out of 2 sainsburys and Smyths.

Smyths was especially depressing as they have box upon box of the deluxe FCC Mater, Kimura Kaiza and Queen but the same stock as has been the last 4 months for the normal 2013 carded cars.

Comment

• I got up early so I'd have a scoot round London. I gave the Travelcard a right hammering. I visited lots of Morrisons, Sainsburys, TRUs and Disney Stores.

And I found ...

... Nothing of interest.

The newest stuff I found was a Vern, Donna Pits, Edwin Kranks, Darrell Cartrip and Mama Topolino. Apart from Disney Store Oxford Street, who'd overdosed on Francesco's (Cars 2, Silver and 2013 varieties) and Hamleys, who had much of the 997V case, all the other stores were desperately short of stock.

Time for the stores to get some new deliveries!

Comment

• Saw clip trips today in Tesco's, from a quick glance there was Maurice Wheelks, Wingo with flames, Victor Hugo's, Sheriff's and King's. Looked like an ok 2013 carded selection. Don't rule Tesco out at the moment but from my experience smaller Tesco's and Tesco Express are normally the stores that get clip strips.

Tesco is doing 2 planes for a tenner at the moment. There was hardly any left on the end of aisle stand at Slough Tesco, Planes toys might be popular.

The film is getting mixed reviews?

Comment

Working...
                                X