Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't suppose any fellow UK collectors have any of the new ones to trade/sell?

Comment

• Knightrider, if dj or wingo with flames are ones your after then look here .. http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...dj-with-flames
      Hope its of some help

Comment

• Hi all.
        Morrisons in Milton keynes had tonight:
        Luigi & Guido with shaker, Sally, Holly with screen, couple of boosts, security car , Dusty , jeff corvet ,shu , Lightning with cactus .
        Sainsburys had, bodyshop ramone, cruising mcqueen , lewis and the usual old ones
        My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• Great finds Rob! You must have just missed the Mark wheelsens! Great finds! Nice first post! Welcome!

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
            Knightrider, if dj or wingo with flames are ones your after then look here .. http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...dj-with-flames
            Hope its of some help
            Thanks for that carscrazy but I was referring to Mark Wheelsen, Boost with Flames and Luigi & Guido with Cocktail Glasses

Comment

• found 2 maters in 2013 card backs in tk maxx tonight 3.99, very strange

Comment

• not much on the cars front, however, snow patrol are playing a huge outdoor concert in belfast tonight, think I can hear "chasing cars" in the wind!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  not much on the cars front, however, snow patrol are playing a huge outdoor concert in belfast tonight, think I can hear "chasing cars" in the wind!!!
                  If you went to the concert, boogity, I'm looking forward to your review... Chasing Cars is fun when you can find Cars that you're looking for.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                    Great finds Rob! You must have just missed the Mark wheelsens! Great finds! Nice first post! Welcome!
                    Thanks for the welcome Lozzi31 Ah that's a shame, as I am after a Mark wheelsen and a snot rod and francesca.
                    I have a few various spares, so I may set up a thread in the trading forum.
                    My local tesco, disney store and toys r us are full of all the old cars, no new ones atall.
                    My Trader feedback thread:

http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...5-Rob-Feedback

Comment

• Snot rod and mark wheelsen are in the same box as what you found so they must have been snapped up before you got there. Morrisons and toymaster have had this box!

Victor paveone and Francesca are in another box along with rip! So I've been trying to find that one too. Sainsburys is the place to check for this box I've heard. But no luck down this way! Good luck!

Comment

LOL about the manageresses news! I am delighted that they have been stocking up again and again!

Nigel, do you know what will be in the next cases at all?
                        There are two more regular singles cases to come, probably in September?

There are ten cars that haven't been released into the UK, including three Super Chase, two Chase, four new cars plus J. Curby Gremlin (reissue).

I guess that the four new cars (Race Official Tom, Alex Corville, Nature Drive Lightning McQueen and Mildred Bylane) and the two Chase cars (Ichigo and Airport Waitress) will be spread over those two cases along with a reissue of J. Curby Gremlin?

If we follow what's in the latest US case, then J. Curby Gremlin will be in the next case (994C?) along with the third issue of Rip Clutchgoneski.

I wouldn't suspect any of the Super Chases would make it to the UK as Mattel (UK/worldwide) doesn't deem us worthy!

After the ubiquitous Cars 2 case 997J (October 2012), there were supposed to be two 'final' cases to be released into the UK and Europe. I actually had a list of cars, which would've made up the contents of the two cases (but not the actual split between the two cases). They were supposed to contain the last four Cars 2 releases 47-50. These cases were never released although they weren't officially cancelled. It would be nice to think that they could be released some day, like the 996Y (GGG) case was. It would be a pleasant surprise if they were, but unlikely. Mattel works in mysterious ways sometimes (most of the time) so anything can and does happen!

I'm told there are more Taco Truck Mater and Taia Decotura cases up for grabs. The fact they keep appearing on eBay and Amazon sort of proves that!

Comment

• Wow thanks Nigel! I wondered if I had missed j curby gremlin so that's great news! Can't wait for ichigo and Alex Carvill and Mildred! Xx

Comment

Wow thanks Nigel! I wondered if I had missed j curby gremlin so that's great news! Can't wait for ichigo and Alex Carvill and Mildred! Xx
                            J. Curby Gremlin was in the very first case 997N (US 999A). Case 997N was only available in very limited numbers in mainland Europe back in early February. Case 997P was also very limited in Europe but 1,000 of them made their way to the UK in mid April, to Tesco (750) and Morrisons (250).

Disney Stores are saying that they don't expect anymore of their equivalent of the 997W and 997Y cases. That's not to say no more will turn up, they are just not expected. Only 1,000 of each have made it to retail, Disney Stores and Sainsburys. Tesco have got some 997Y cases, so it remains to be seen if they will get 997W too or indeed if any other retailers will get the balance of both cases.

From my calculations, Sainsburys are the biggest seller of Cars 2013 having overtaken Tesco recently by quite a big margin. Tesco tend to order big, so it would take a typically big order for Tesco to re-establish themselves at the top of the Cars case sales charts.

Sainsburys have had the 997Q, 997U, 997V, 997W and 997Y cases.

Tesco have had the 997P, 997R, 997U and now 997Y. It's not clear at this stage how many of these cases Tesco have.

Morrisions have had 997P, 997Q, 997V and now 994B.

Toymaster have had 997Q, 997U and now 994B.

Smyths have only had 997R.

ASDA have only had 997R.

Hamleys have had 997R and 997V.

Disney Store got a few 997U and then a full allocation of first to retail 997W and 997Y cases.

Toys R Us had a bit of this and a bit of that. No reports of anything significant in number. I've yet to see any 2013 cars in any of the London area TRUs.

Wilkinsons and Argos have yet to break their metaphoric ducks!

There are other minor players like Debenhams, John Lewis and Bentalls/Fenwicks.

Comment

• This is amazing information Nigel. Looks like Smyths really could pull their finger out but they just seem chock full of that same case over and over!

Disney store from my laymen point of view has completely run dry. No singles at all for weeks.

I have completely failed at finding cars at sainsburys so I hope some other players can stock the last two boxes!

It's exciting times! Can't wait for September!

Comment

• Drove further tonight to a huge tesco store, on the shelf was just the usual silver racers, mcqueens etc. Had a look on top shelf and found a open box of cars, Was full of kabuto,nick,alex,carlas etc Also some were still attached to a clip strip so they haven't been put out as they should of. Sadly still nothing new

Comment

Working...
                                X