Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup I did an 80 mile round trip the other day, 2xTRU, 1xDisney Store, 1xEntertainer, 3xSainsburys, 2xMorrisons and 3xTescos and I found squat!

Comment

• I dont think the smaller tescos are doing much in the way of toys any more, the one up the street has lots on clearance and no definitive footage

a few cars were on the clearance section, not priced, couldnt be bothered checking as it had been a long day

in b and m got myself a party wheels mcq/fillmore twin pack, was only when I got home realised fillmore had a 2 piece front and a different mouth, quite pleased, first cars item I have bought in weeks

was given a rip, the bath time version from disney in florida, different card back to the max schnell I got in Germany a while back, again quite chuffed with that too

Comment

• Popped to another store today and found Maurice wheelks .. sadly all the others had gone

Comment

• awesome find! I've yet to see him in my area but awesome to find him on his home turf so to speak
          "I'm a paderbuilt for dags sake!"

Comment

• Went to the DS in Bristol on Thursday.

They had no 1:55 scale cars at all.

Picked up the last 2 pack of the Queen and Prince Wheeliam 1:43 scale.

Comment

• Found 2 Don Crumlins and one Kabuto at TRU today. Priced at £4.99 but they will price their website price of £2.99 each if you ask them.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                I dont think the smaller tescos are doing much in the way of toys any more
                That's right there not but the clip strips are normally put all around the stores as they are not associated with the toy department.

You normally find them in cereals, confectionery, crisps and fizzy drinks. Anywhere you might find kids are interested with whats on the shelves.

Comment

• went to big tesco, found 2 cases of R, very nice you may say, however they were on the top shelf , unopened whilst the 2012 stock was the only thing on sale, took a dander up to entertainment, found a silver racers fsdu, why that is there is anyones guess

so there was plenty of stock, but as it aint being displayed logically/or at all, theres not much chance of ought new coming in then

ru5ty, (he.s lurking again) I did a detour in til town on the way home, the only thing I found was the fact that toymaster doesnt open on a sunday, youre due a slap on the bake for that disinformation!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                    went to big tesco, found 2 cases of R, very nice you may say, however they were on the top shelf , unopened whilst the 2012 stock was the only thing on sale
                    Hot Damn! Exactly the same scenario in a Tesco with me today.

They had a pot ful of porta Corsa Finns, Francescos and Maters all a fiver each and a neat little line of silver racers for £6. Case R was up above and seeing that there was an employee in the aisle i asked whether I could have a mooch in it. First off she told me she wasnt sure whether they should be out or not as they may not have been scanned in yet. I politely informed her that that particular case was released in Feb/March time.

She insisted on checking so while she did, I rummaged lol.

I wondered the exact same thing though Boog! Why have 2011/2012 stock on the shelf and the new stuff stashed? If you want to sell, chuck the old stuff in the case up above and put the new stuff out for crying out loud!

Comment

• Popped to a tesco and sainsburys today and still nothing, tescos shelf was bare not a single car. Sainsburys was full of the old style cards, still nothing new. Where are all the bad boys

Comment

• Just found a Luigi & Guido with shaker & glasses at Morrisons

Comment

• WOW Thats exciting! Thanks Millimoo!

Comment

• A certain 'now famous' Toymaster franchise group are on their third delivery of the latest 994B case. The manageress of my local branch told me that there has been a significant increase in middle-aged men with dark glasses frequenting the store and heading sheepishly to the cars section!

I thought I was the only one to be doing that?

It's good news they are still gettting that case and even better that Morrisons are getting it too as they have 100s of stores nationwide.

Disney Store told me that all the initial batch of their 997W and 997Y cases sold out and there have been no further deliveries since then.

All the Sainsburys and Tescos I've managed to visit the last few days have had very little Cars stocks.

There's plenty more 997W, 997Y and 994B cases available to fill the shelves!

Then there will be lots of the final two cases to fill the shelves!

C'mon Sainsburys and Tescos, what are you waiting for?

Comment

• Nice find at morrisons

Popped to our local morrisons this afternoon and found what was left of a new case since my last visit only had two shu's, a mcqueen and a dusty. Bought the dusty as we were missing him. Noticed a sign sayin disney cars were £2.97 but scanned at the usual £4.00. Apparently the sale ticket should of been removed but they let me have dusty at the sale price

Comment

• LOL about the manageresses news! I am delighted that they have been stocking up again and again!

Nigel, do you know what will be in the next cases at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X