Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to say that tesco has been the main source for cars over the years, speaking to ru5ty and he would concur on that one too
    asda probably would be at 2, disney 3 smyths 4....
    Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Think few others posted similar news a couple of months ago, so it probably is true. I don't really visit Tesco generally anyway and it's been many months since I bought any cars there so no great loss personally.

Comment

• that's an interesting order - i think mine would be

1. sainsbury's
      2. morrisons
      3. smyths
      4. disney store
      5. local toymaster shop
      6. toys r us
      7. home bargains
      8. tesco
      9. asda
      Last edited by yuffie; 09-28-2013, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
        I had a little look in there today not expecting much but found a lone rusty sitting not the shelf so picked that up, result!
        Nice find with Rusty. We only seen him once but left him thinking he would be more common, maybe we will find another one soon.

Our local tesco haven't been any good since the case with suki/otis etc came out.
        Of late the only new cases have been morrisons, sainsburys and toy master.

Comment

• cars crazy, I was talking about ru5ty up the street, not the car, one of ru5ty is quite enough!
          Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          Nice find with Rusty. We only seen him once but left him thinking he would be more common, maybe we will find another one soon.

Our local tesco haven't been any good since the case with suki/otis etc came out.
          Of late the only new cases have been morrisons, sainsburys and toy master.

Comment

• my list would be from 2006 on, the list from say the last few months, would prob have home bargains up about 2 or 3
            Originally posted by yuffie View Post
            that's an interesting order - i think mine would be

1. sainsbury's
            2. morrisons
            3. smyths
            4. disney store
            5. local toymaster shop
            6. toys r us
            7. home bargains
            8. tesco
            9. asda

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Think few others posted similar news a couple of months ago, so it probably is true. I don't really visit Tesco generally anyway and it's been many months since I bought any cars there so no great loss personally.
              The fact that there are different opinions regards the supermarkets adds weight to the argument that it's a difficult market to supply. Mattel have their well debated deficiences, but the major superrmarkets do too. In their defence, Cars (and other toys) is just small part of their product inventory of 10,000s.

On the issue of Tesco, for many they haven't had the best of years and appear to have been second best to Sainsburys, certainly in terms of the number of different cases they've got and sold. However, in absolute numbers, Tesco have still outsold their rivals. They account for about 25% of the whole Cars sales. If they were to withdraw, that would make Cars collecting in the UK a whole lot more difficult (and expensive), make no mistake about that! We maybe looking at European prices, less produced, prices rise etc.

Although I only have three Express in my town, there are about ten Tesco Extra's within about an hour drive. One of them (Purley) has recently been refitted with a whole new look. It fits the bill for what Tesco were saying regards scaling back ALL NON-FOOD sales, not just replacing toys with clothes. It's the only Extra in this area to have had that treatment so far. It may well be that Tesco are not sure of this policy and are experimenting with a few stores? From a personal point of view, I do like the new look of the store but not the content or the prices!

I was in Hull yesterday. There is a large Tesco Extra next to Paragon Station. Same story as we've seen elsewhere, lots of silver racers and remnants of Cars 2 996Y case.

On the way up, I popped into DS Oxford Street. They had told me that they had Chick Hicks in stock and there were other new cars. Chick Hicks is supposed to be in the 994D case. It turned out they were referring to the DS Double Packs!

Comment

• found nature drive mcqueen, race official tom and guido/luigi with glasses in Westfield disney store today

Cards aren't absolutely mint but beggars and all that

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                  found nature drive mcqueen, race official tom and guido/luigi with glasses in Westfield disney store today

Cards aren't absolutely mint but beggars and all that
                  Excellent news, great scores!

What are the date stamps on the McQueen and Tom?

Comment

• I went into local Argos and Sainsburys today.
                    Not a single car to be found.

Was in Paris during the week. Went into TRU and they had about 1000 cars in store.
                    Yes 1000 + hundreds of planes.
                    Only problem was the cars were 7 euros each and the planes 10 euros.
                    If only the local TRU was the same

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                      Excellent news, great scores!

What are the date stamps on the McQueen and Tom?
                      both 1933EAA

hamleys also had the best selection i've seen there - mark wheelsen, snot rod and boost with an extra bit of plastic, sorry i mean flames, donna pitts, RPM, jeff gorvette, luigi/guido with glasses

the main disney store only had 3 or 4 very battered 2012 cars whereas even the little one in covent garden managed a few 2013 cars from (i think) the case westfield had (nothing decent left)

Comment

• Wasn't sure where to put this, but I found a UK based ebay seller who has a few Cartney Brakin's available at £8.49 each which seems a fairly sensible price for him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Disney-Pix...item43c04223bd

Comment

• spotted mcq with leaves on , in ds, what case is he from? nought else..... nigel!!

Comment

• Nice find boogity. We call him Sugar Puff Mcqueen cos it looks like hes got cereal on him

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              spotted mcq with leaves on , in ds, what case is he from? nought else..... nigel!!
                              He's supposed to be in both 994C and 994D cases.

As Mattel change things at the drop of a hat, then until someone see's a fresh case, this can't be confirmed.

These were the provisional lists I was given some weeks ago. They were mixed into one, so I guessed this is what was meant to be in the cases?

Case W1938-994C

ERIK LANELEY - 1
                              RACE OFFICIAL TOM - 2
                              EDWIN KRANKS - 1
                              BRAND NEW MATER - 1
                              NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                              MAURICE WHEELKS - 1
                              VERN - 1
                              LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 1
                              DARRELL CARTRIP (with Headset) - 1
                              FRANCESCO BERNOULLI - 1
                              RACE TEAM MATER - 1
                              PETEY PACER (with Torch) - 1
                              J. CURBY GREMLIN - 1
                              LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Cone) - 2
                              ALEX CORVILL - 2
                              DJ (with Flames) - 1
                              SPUTTER STOP - 1
                              JONATHAN WRENCHWORTHS - 1
                              RIP CLUTCHGONESKI - 2

Case W1938-994D

MILDRED BYLANE - 2
                              BRENT MUSTANGBURGER (with Headphones) - 2
                              RUKA (CHASE) - 1
                              VICTOR PAVEONE - 1
                              NATURE DRIVE LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 3
                              JEFF GORVETTE - 4
                              HARUMI - 1
                              DEXTER HOOVER (with Chequered Flag) - 2
                              CHICK HICKS - 2
                              RUSTY RUST-EZE - 1
                              CACTUS LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 1
                              CHARLIE CHECKER - 1
                              MIKE LORENGINE - 1
                              UNCLE TOPOLINO - 2
                              Last edited by niftynigel; 10-01-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                                both 1933EAA

hamleys also had the best selection i've seen there - mark wheelsen, snot rod and boost with an extra bit of plastic, sorry i mean flames, donna pitts, RPM, jeff gorvette, luigi/guido with glasses

the main disney store only had 3 or 4 very battered 2012 cars whereas even the little one in covent garden managed a few 2013 cars from (i think) the case westfield had (nothing decent left)
                                Thanks.

When you consider what DS Oxford Street used to be like for Cars, even a few months ago, it has to be one of the worst now? For their flagship store, I think that's sad. You are 'lucky' if you get to see anything like a full case there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X