Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found a Nature Drive LMQ, Alex Carvill and J Curby Gremlin in Disney Store at Uxbridge today. Plenty of others there too, including at least 3 Rip's.

Comment

• Foxfc, could you by any chance grab a Rip for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        I guess that's a relief for some. Personally though, the lack of Pitty Band (and other MM 2-packs) is still unforgivable.

I have to thank Mattel for sending me a very long and detailed e-mail regards a number of issues. I think it's fair to say that I didn't like or agree with everything that was said and I think the e-mail was sent in good faith, i.e. as accurate as possible. Suffice to say that I don't believe that anyone has reported seeing Mildred Bylane or Ruka on a international card from a UK seller, where it looks like they have got it from a UK store?

I have only seen a few 994D cases, so time will tell if the 2193EAA batch are mis-packed and both these cars turn up eventually.

One other important point that was said was that Ichigo was released in the July 'wave' of releases, so it begs the question, was she supposed to be in the 994B case and it was a mistake / mis-pack with her not being in that case?

If so, where have the 2,000 Ichigo's disappeared to?

Maybe Mattel UK were told by Mattel Corporate that she was supposed to be in that case and the Corporate division pulled her from the case and didn't tell Mattel UK?

We do know that the masterplan (or Mater-plan) comes from Mattel Corporate. Local companies decide on variations, i.e. no Deluxe or Double packs for the UK in 2013.

The fact that ASDA, TRU and Wilkinsons have old US cars is down to them as they have purchased cases at knock down prices from third party consolidators. Buyers from these stores wouldn't know their arse (ass) from their elbows, so why would they know the difference between an old Cars 2 Finn McMissile and and 2013 Mildred Bylane? The former probably cost them 25 GBP for a case, whereas they may have to fork out 77 GBP for a *new* case. The old 25 GBP may then start to look like a bargain if they can shift half of the cars at a *reduced* price of about 3-4 GBP in store!

Comment

• Originally posted by daul_p View Post
          Foxfc, could you by any chance grab a Rip for me?
          Will pop back in tomorrow, will let you know.

Comment

• finally came across alex carvill in sainsbury's today

Comment

• patience is a virtue

spotted rip in sainsburys- a third off , part of their toy deal, at 3.22, cant beat that

Comment

• re, the 2013 card backs, in particular the ones with the mater logo, does any one know what other maters are on these card backs, as i,ve only seen the one over here?
                ta
                boogity

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  re, the 2013 card backs, in particular the ones with the mater logo, does any one know what other maters are on these card backs, as i,ve only seen the one over here?
                  ta
                  boogity
                  they are all 'deluxe' ones - ivan, kabuki, fancesco fan, materhosen and waiter - so we are not worthy of them over here

and checking the reciept the alex carvill was a 1/3 off which i didn't even notice in my delight at seeing him!

Comment

• Congrats on finding Carvill, PM me if there was anything else of note in OD

Just back from London again, lots of JCG's and practically every other new release but not really the one I was hoping for...Hank Murphy. Was in two minds about rusty Donna Pitts but left her in the end.

DS had the superchase/country racers, nice metallic finish but 5 identical cars with identical expressions? Nah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      Congrats on finding Carvill, PM me if there was anything else of note in OD
                      'fraid not

they seemed to have a mix of a 2012 and 2013 cases - i'd lost track of what might have been in the 2013 case though i also grabbed a vern and nature drive mcqueen as the ones i had weren't on great condition cards - no rip which i think may have been in that case

Comment

• In a recently opened Tesco Express near me, they had a Cars ClipStrip - unfortunately all that was left was a Snotrod and a Dusty Rustzee.

Comment

• Also found new case in Sainsburys. They had about 4 Alex Carvills, 2 Rips and 1 Dj with flames (there was others too but can't remember off hand what they were)
                          There's still money off the toys too so they are currently £3.32 ?
                          I picked up an extra Dj with flames as we decided to keep an extra set of the tuners with flames carded in case our played with ones get damaged. When i got to the checkout the lady said someone had left a £3.00 off voucher for if over £30 was spent so she asked if id like to use it .. obviously i said that i would love to, means Dj cost all of 32 pence Think that's the cheapest i have paid for a car yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                            Also found new case in Sainsburys. They had about 4 Alex Carvills, 2 Rips and 1 Dj with flames (there was others too but can't remember off hand what they were)
                            There's still money off the toys too so they are currently £3.32 ?
                            I picked up an extra Dj with flames as we decided to keep an extra set of the tuners with flames carded in case our played with ones get damaged. When i got to the checkout the lady said someone had left a £3.00 off voucher for if over £30 was spent so she asked if id like to use it .. obviously i said that i would love to, means Dj cost all of 32 pence Think that's the cheapest i have paid for a car yet.
                            Can't argue with that, great timing! I am keeping my fingers crossed my local store has a deilvery later when I stop by. I will pick up a whole case at £3.32 per car!

Comment

• You want to make sure you ask a member of staff to check the stock. There was a couple Alex Carvills and Toms, Francescos, Maters and McQueens, I asked if it was all they had and it was then that they bought the rest of the case out. Why they don't think to remove the Francescos and instead put the new stock is beyond me

Comment

• Found Rip and Alex in Sainsburys tonight. Also had J Curby, Petey and DJ with flames but left those for someone else to find!!

Comment

Working...
                                X