No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - September 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK seems to of gone quiet again with cars. Ive only seen two new cases both of which someone else beat me to lol

I think everyone in the UK can only dream of walking upto a toy section that looks like that Great finds!

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
      The UK seems to of gone quiet again with cars. Ive only seen two new cases both of which someone else beat me to lol

I think everyone in the UK can only dream of walking upto a toy section that looks like that Great finds!
      Well, those new DS and Toymaster cases that made it into the wild were pretty much cleared out by scalpers and opportunists. Left the rest of us little to no chance.

And despite the usual theories and random predictions, there's been no sign of restock in almost 2 months now, and everywhere else is just clogged up with old 2012 and bin-warming 2013 Cars. Can't see that changing anytime this side of Christmas if at all.

Comment

Our ds is so poor we give up with them. Even their planes section is a waste of time!

We phone our local toymaster every week to check what delivery they've had and its either planes or nothing. Apparently they're supplier is only sending planes no cars ? But even the planes is the same old nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
          Our ds is so poor we give up with them. Even their planes section is a waste of time!

We phone our local toymaster every week to check what delivery they've had and its either planes or nothing. Apparently they're supplier is only sending planes no cars ? But even the planes is the same old nothing new.
          Although Toymaster negotiate deals for the entire network of independent shops, each shop or groups of shops order directly from Mattel and as a result their deliveries are direct from Mattel.

I respect that there are a few Planes collectors on here, but the release of Cars was doing very well until Planes came along and disrupted the order. From what I can see, Planes merchandise has been a total flop. It gets to something when I've seen Ishani and Chug on shelves and pegs! If they are the rare or hard to find charactors and they are pegwarmers too, Planes is in deeper trouble than I feared!

Most of the stores in my area haven't had any Cars deliveries for weeks and shelves / pegs are bare or sparse at best!

Comment

Planes have definitely taken priority over cars deliveries I think. I did notice my local sainsburys have moved the Cars to where the planes used to be. Since planes were reduced to Ł5 in there they haven't restocked them, I wonder if they were expecting them to sell better then they did ?

Comment

Interesting comment Nigel, I think Planes merchandise has flopped due to the poor availability of anything other than the first set. I suspect Mattel UK got carried away and over did the order, which is now choking supply of anything else Cars or Planes related. Your comment of Chug surprises me, as I have never seen him in the UK shops.

Keep looking everywhere for new Cars, in the hope some new boxes have been shipped, with no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                Thanks carslover! I left with Hiroaki, Vern, J. Curby Gremlin, Maurice Wheelks & Francesco Mater.
                That's awesome, Hunter! Ever since I found Yukio 2 weeks ago, I have been really motivated to find the other 2. I don't want to resort to eBay since we have a good shot at finding these at retail, but I've been tempted.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Originally posted by niftynigel View Post

I respect that there are a few Planes collectors on here, but the release of Cars was doing very well until Planes came along and disrupted the order. From what I can see, Planes merchandise has been a total flop. It gets to something when I've seen Ishani and Chug on shelves and pegs! If they are the rare or hard to find charactors and they are pegwarmers too, Planes is in deeper trouble than I feared!

Most of the stores in my area haven't had any Cars deliveries for weeks and shelves / pegs are bare or sparse at best!
                  Planes stuff has hardly "flopped". Quite the opposite from what I've seen in a fair few stores. Flying off the shelves more like (pun intended).

As for Chug, he's not yet released in the UK supposedly. Where did you see him?

Comment

Originally posted by Clearysdad19 View Post

Finally got them.
                    Great score...was around your neck of the woods yesterday but did not stop at any retailers...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                      Stopped at my local Jewels Osco (Grocery Store) today to get some snacks, went down the Toy Isle and couldn't believe my eyes!
                      Awesome!! No chance my grocery stores have anything close to that...one of them got 2013 case B a long time ago and there are still remnants of it on the pegs...

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                        Planes stuff has hardly "flopped". Quite the opposite from what I've seen in a fair few stores. Flying off the shelves more like (pun intended).

As for Chug, he's not yet released in the UK supposedly. Where did you see him?
                        Disney Stores in Manchester, Oxford Street and Kingston had Chug. There were loads of them. I'd heard all these stories that he was supposed to be rare (I didn't know that he was only recently released). Seeing so many of him, made me wonder what all the fuss was about. Maybe the case he was in was first to market at Disney Stores? Anyway, they all had loads of him and Oxford Street had a shed load of him!

In my area, all the shops that have Planes, have loads of them and they are NOT selling! There are so many deals going on. Given the UK is slow to offer deals to shift stock, why were Planes being discounted very early in their flight? Because they weren't selling! It's not just the common ones. Unlike Cars, I would imagine that I could easily pick up a full set of those released so far, if I wanted too?

I'm not having a go at Planes or collectors of Planes. Surely Mattel should have the manufacturing capacity to supply enough Cars and Planes to fulfil market demand? Apart from overdosing on Cars 2 Francesco, McQueen, Mater, Finn etc., Cars sell out very quickly, everywhere. I have nothing to prove it, but I think that if Planes hadn't been around, the UK would've had a full compliment of Cars 2013 Deluxe and Doubles.
                        Last edited by niftynigel; 09-09-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Was at walmart / target the other night. Found:
                          Nature McQueen
                          Race Official Tom
                          Maurice
                          J Curby
                          Petey Pacer

Also found an Ishani Pit row gift pack. Was going to ebay it but willing to trade / sell it (for what I paid +shipping) if someone here wants it.

Comment

my todays find at TRU Duesseldorf, germany (too far away for the most of you hahaha)

but no nature drive McQueen, dad gum

find at a big local supermarket (Real Markt)

the Dragon McQueen was so lonely at the pegs for just 5 €, i could not leave him alone

sometimes it's hard to believe that you find such "long time gone" cars at a popular store here in germany, crazy.
                            Last edited by keonisdad; 09-09-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

^^^Cool find! I only saw that Dragon McQueen once and never got it. All I have is the Non-Metallic single version.

signature courtesy of BomBom77
                              http://www.pixarcarsdiecast.com/foru...ars-for-trades

Comment

Those are some great finds!

Very cool dragon mcqueen

Comment

Working...
                                X