No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - September 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my goodness... fantastic finds, keonisdad... Too bad I don't have a passport...

Of the Cars in your photo, I've only seen Lil Torquey Pistons (on US card) and a long time ago, the collector guide - I have it in both US and international card.

Chris

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
      my todays find at TRU Duessledorf, germany (too far away for the most of you hahaha)

but no nature drive McQueen, dad gum

find at a big local supermarket (Real Markt)

the Dragon McQueen was so lonely at the pegs for just 5 €, i could not leave him alone

sometimes it's hard to believe that you find such "long time gone" cars at a popular store here in germany, crazy.
      Why don't they have names?

Comment

International cardbacks do not have names... some countries have rules/laws about names and that's why international versions of cards come with pictures only.

EDIT - starting with the Race O Rama series, international versions did not include the name of the Car on the tag (label) inside the blister... I have international carded Cars on Supercharged, World of Cars, Race O Rama, Final Lap (not a true international card), lenticular, and Night Skyline series... I'll add photos one of these days.

I like some of the international names, such as Mater (Martin, Hook, etc.) and Darrell Cartrip (Chris Dinero)... some cards included 10 different languages - others included 4.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

i think that these cars have different names in most countries, that's the reason why there are only two cards : one in english and one with a picture for all the other countries. Maybe it works like "we do it my way, or the highway", so for example Mater is called Martin in france and Hook in germany and it's different in greece and in russia (even the letters are completely different, also in the arabian and south asian countries like china or thailand). Too much different languages and spellings worldwide, so it is easier for Mattel to print a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by keonisdad View Post
            i think that these cars have different names in most countries, that's the reason why there are only two cards : one in english and one with a picture for all the other countries. Maybe it works like "we do it my way, or the highway", so for example Mater is called Martin in france and Hook in germany and it's different in greece and in russia (even the letters are completely different, also in the arabian and south asian countries like china or thailand). Too much different languages and spellings worldwide, so it is easier for Mattel to print a picture.
            Some of the Cars from previous series did print all the different names on the front. I know it's a matter of opinion, but I think that looked a bit messy. All the European Cars 2 Double / Movie Moments had multi-languages on the front, which is why we ended up buying the US versions as they were all the same, with just one language on the front.

I'm pleased that Mattel tidied up the front on the 2013 series of Double packs, but alas, Mattel UK decided that they wouldn't be sold in the UK. They may still come to the UK, but each passing day reduces that possibility.

There are usually three different card variations.

1). The US version.

2). The European international version. This has up to about ten languages on it.

3). The non-European international version. This only generally has about four or five languages on it.

I didn't know until recently that there were two international variations, but someone posted pictures of Cars 2 Prince Wheeliam (I think?), all three card variations side-by-side. It may have been Chris?

Comment

Case G has finally made it's way to my Kmart. Lol!!

image.jpg
              (And my pictures are loading sideways. Sorry)

Comment

Nice finds everyone ... things have been quite down in Fla ... hope it gets louder this week lol

Comment

Originally posted by LMQ702 View Post
                  Case G has finally made it's way to my Kmart. Lol!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3042[/ATTACH]
                  (And my pictures are loading sideways. Sorry)
                  My local Kmart said they won't be getting anything in until the peg warmers sell out. It's been more than 4 weeks...

Comment

Finally some new Cars on the shelves...most found at Walmart, and nope not the Super Chase case unfortunately!

Comment

Picked up Vern today. I think the only ones I really haven't found yet are the Super Chase, Lightning Storm LM, Sally, Marlon, Charlie, Dexter, Dusty, Hank,Vladimir, Hugo and Miles. But that's from the cases that stores near me have put out, and most will be coming back around again. Hopefully the next deluxe case has more LS LMs in it along with Count Mater (if it contains count mater)
                      Last edited by abuthemagician; 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

New case found at Walmart in New Jersey not sure what letter it was but I still can't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post
                          New case found at Walmart in New Jersey not sure what letter it was but I still can't believe it!

And just like that the Kmart case became less attractive.

Comment

Very cool...any other new cars for the US in it apart from Boost and Mark Wheelsen?

Originally posted by Scavenger View Post

Comment

Case L. I need a LOT of the cars in that case (7 of them). Also supposed to be an Ichigo Chase!

Comment

Ichigo was not there and the woman working toys was stocking the Hot Wheels when I got there and she said she just put them up and nobody else had been there. So unless somebody got to her in the stock room she was not in this case.

Here's the stuff I got out of it..

Comment

Working...
                                X