Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (2014)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a different issue (Cars!!!), many of my local stores have been restocking with the Cartney Carsper case. Cars sales have dropped elsehere, so much so, that even Geartrude was a shelf warmer!

I've even seen Ivan's on shelves for some time before being sold!

The summer months are traditionally low sales-wise, but when rarer or new cars don't sell, that's not a good sign. Between now and November, there should be another six case assortments to complete the singles for this year. There's only 15 singles to be released so maybe some cases might get combined as has happened (in the US) before?

Comment

• In the two larger sainsburys I checked today, the deluxes were still 7.49 and the neons still 4.49. I had them price checked and these prices were correct. It seems that they continue to lower prices per store based on how much stock won't shift. I guess as my local only has one chuck and 3 waiter maters, I'll never see the lower deluxe prices which is a shame. Which sainsburys had those reductions boogity?

Comment

• it was the one in holywood exchange/tillysburn in belfast, unfortunately i wont be back there for a while

Comment

• Ok, no problem, was just curious if it was anywhere nearby!

Comment

• Up in London today and came across Pizza Planet Todd and Denise Beam in Westfield DS. They also had a lot of Planes 2 stuff - their brand and Mattel singles.

Nothing of note anywhere else.

Comment

• First sighting in the UK of Todd, hope I find him soon!

Comment

• , todd.....got her indoors to phone disney in town, waste of time, mind you I knew what the outcome would be anyway

Comment

• Hmm, my disney store in reading has closed down so I don't even have one anyone. Closest is over an hour away and I'd have to pay parking for what would probably be a wasted journey...

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                    , todd.....got her indoors to phone disney in town, waste of time, mind you I knew what the outcome would be anyway
                    there was no sign of the new case in the other three DS's i went to (including their so-called flagship shop on oxford street) so that's not a surprise

Comment

• SALE Disney Store Cars 16 Pack Die-Cast Gift Set now £39.99

Comment

• The latest international Deluxe case has arrived at Toymaster. They had disposed of the cases, but I think it's 996I. Date stamped on the back of the cars 1224AZ. They were £10.49 each.

NELSON BLINDSPOT (Deluxe) - 1
                        WILD MILES AXLEROD (Deluxe) - 1
                        MACK SEMI (Deluxe) - 1
                        TOWIN' EOIN (Deluxe) - 2
                        GREM (with Camera) (Deluxe) - 1

Comment

• Thanks to Arbara at CTT, the contents for the next US cases (998E/F) have been announced ...

LUIS LARUE - 1
                          HOLLEY SHIFTWELL (with Screen) - 1
                          NIGEL GEARSLEY - 1
                          WINGO (with Flames) - 1
                          MAX SCHNELL - 1
                          RACE TOW TRUCK TOM - 2
                          DOC HUDSON - 1
                          SIDEWALL SHINE No. 74 - 2
                          KABUTO - 2
                          CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN - 2
                          BRAND NEW MATER - 1
                          LIGHTNING McQUEEN No. 95 - 3
                          HYDRAULIC RAMONE - 1
                          DAVID HOBBSCAP (with Headset) - 1
                          SUKI - 1
                          RACE TEAM FILLMORE (with Headset) - 1
                          FIBER FUEL No. 56 - 1
                          LUIGI & GUIDO - 1

There are seven repeats from the very first case. However, UK collectors are still waiting for a repeat of Timothy Twostroke, the only one from the first case yet to appear in the UK.

Case E is the regular case with 'twin' F containing the Super Chase 'Ciao' Francesco Bernoulli.

The international version of E will probably be 988U?

Comment

• well got her indoors to phone today...bingo...it was there, so cycled down and got it
                            some nice stuff in disney at the mo, all the new fire and rescue is in, spotted a nice 5 pack at 20 quid, it was the pitys and the deer tractor, very nice too, liked the riker/fire engine twin pack , his name escapes me for the moment, also had a big Red fire engine at 50 quid, the only item that looked dodgy was the train from fire and rescue, its looks like something youd see in poundstretcher at christmas time
                            got out the shop with only paying 5.50, could have spent a fortune, quite pleased with my self restraint

also spotted a scalextric mcq and francesco in a local model shop at 29.99 each , now that was tempting
                            also a couple of nice tour de france books in the works, there ware tempting an all!
                            Originally posted by boogity View Post
                            , todd.....got her indoors to phone disney in town, waste of time, mind you I knew what the outcome would be anyway

Comment

• spotted the 50 quid 1.18 mcq on the ds www, along with the 1.43 ramone, mcq and mater, 7.50 each on them

Comment

• Found this today in wilkinsons off all places. It's meant to have planes 2 in it but it was all planes 1. It did however have geartrude and the rest of her case in it for only £3.75

Comment

Working...
                                X