No announcement yet.

Great Britain and Northern Ireland 2014 Finds - Part 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tesco I visited today had removed the 2 for 15 signage from the shelf for the cars deluxes. I bought two however (as other toys still had the deal showing) and they did scan at 2 for 15 still. Not sure if this would work in other tescos but if you need two deluxes give it a go!

Comment

• That could have been a nice display, VANDANCE! looks like some of the toys have just been dumped in... I really thought we'd see more nice displays of Cars and Planes with the release of Fire and Rescue this week but it hasn't happened.

Many thanks for sharing the picture.

Great find on the Mama Bernoulli single, boogity!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by cac1959 View Post
        That could have been a nice display, VANDANCE! looks like some of the toys have just been dumped in... I really thought we'd see more nice displays of Cars and Planes with the release of Fire and Rescue this week but it hasn't happened.

Many thanks for sharing the picture.

Great find on the Mama Bernoulli single, boogity!

Chris, that's quite normal for many supermarkets in the UK. ASDA are the worst as they try and cram as many Cars, Hot Wheels, Matchbox etc., in 'basket/trays', usually on the bottom shelf. Unless you get there at the right time (often more by luck than judgement) you might get to pick the Cars you want in good condition.

ASDA have had most of this years cases on a first to market basis. They've been poor for the last few years, but it's good to see them back in the party not least with their exclusive Cars Toon series.

Tesco, our biggest retailer have down-scaled all their non-food ranges and modernised many stores. It's certainly a lot tidier in their stores, with proper shelves but with significantly less stock levels.

Sainsbury's, the second biggest supermarket have been about the same as before. They have modernised the look of stores too, without sacrificing stock levels.

Morrison's, who are about the same size as ASDA are a bit hit and miss for Cars. They have often been out of stock for ages.

All the major supermarkets are losing market share to the bargain basement supermarkets.

Toys R Us usually put Cars on pegs, the only retailer to do so by default. Quite often stores resemble a war zone after children have been allowed to run a mock in there! That said, some supermarkets are like that too!

Smyths Toy Superstores are relatively organised and civilised by comparison. However, they have only a few stores and their buying power isn't so great. They have been productive for Cars in the past, especially for haulers. The stores I've been to recently had very little Cars stock, favouring Planes and Planes Fire & Rescue.

Comment

• Comment

• I found Pulaski in Asda at Ł5, so he cam e home and joined the rest of the crew!

Comment

• nice finds on Pulaski

still waiting on him in the US

Comment

• did a bit of "carsing" yesterday, youre right, they were nowhere near the cars display and it was equally tatty (2 of em), got pulaski however, there was only one
                also spotted mater the grater toons 3 pack , which I hadnt seen afore, same price as tokyo pack, unfortunately the 500 set was priced correctly, that can wait, its bound to come down
                funnily enough there were no cars on sale and they are supposed to be 4 quid at the mo
                Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                Saw this display in Asda last night. Planes singles were on offer at Ł5 and Cars rung through at Ł4. It was the Planes Pulaski mix and the Cars selection contained Mama B. There was also another Ryker in the toy dept priced at Ł8.97, good value for a deluxe. So keep a look out for this display as it was located away from the toys!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                  did a bit of "carsing" yesterday, youre right, they were nowhere near the cars display and it was equally tatty (2 of em), got pulaski however, there was only one
                  also spotted mater the grater toons 3 pack , which I hadnt seen afore, same price as tokyo pack, unfortunately the 500 set was priced correctly, that can wait, its bound to come down
                  funnily enough there were no cars on sale and they are supposed to be 4 quid at the mo
                  Yep it is a bit of a game but one worth playing if you find something! Congrats on your Pulaski find boogity

Comment

• had someone in asda keep an eye out for mama at the local asda for the past few weeks, since the i,ve found her elsewhere myself,was in the local asda today and found l & g with phones, its safe to assume that mama must be long gone.
                    the moral of this is, if you want it get it yourself and dont rely on others (pcd members excluded clearly)

Comment

• Just to let everyone in the UK know case Y is out at Asda.

Timothy twostroke first UK 2014 release
                      Sally with tattoo
                      And Alberto
                      Only 4 more to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                        Just to let everyone in the UK know case Y is out at Asda.

Sally with tattoo
                        And Alberto
                        Only 4 more to go.
                        nice find Mark

Comment

• That's a bit unusual - a case hits the UK before the US. Happy for you guys! Nice finds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumper Save View Post
                            That's a bit unusual - a case hits the UK before the US. Happy for you guys! Nice finds!
                            That case has been found in Australia earlier..(also International..)
                            Cars Addict

Comment

• Originally posted by MarknotaMack View Post
                              Just to let everyone in the UK know case Y is out at Asda.

Sally with tattoo
                              And Alberto
                              Only 4 more to go.
                              Great finds Mark! Hopefully this mix will hit where I am soon! Is that right? three Alberto's per case? Wow! Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                                Great finds Mark! Hopefully this mix will hit where I am soon! Is that right? three Alberto's per case? Wow! Thanks for the info.
                                There's only one Alberto in the 998Y case!

I've seen Y cases so far on my travels. All with their full contents on the top shelf. Sounds good so far? ...

Of the nine new cars (3x3), only four have been of reasonable quality! All three Sally's have had damaged blister packs as have two Alberto's. I do have a Sally with a damaged blister, an Alberto and a Timothy with good, but not collectable standard cards.

This case followed on about three weeks from the first sighting of the 998W case in ASDA. Unless it's not been widely reported, I don't believe that the 998W case has been seen anywhere else other than ASDA (02.10.2014), TRU (07.10.2014), and Smyths (11.10.2014).

That's almost a month since Smyths became the third store to get the 998W case with no others since then?

If anyone can add other sightings please let everyone know!

Also sightings of the latest 998Y case would be helpful too!

Comment

Working...
                                X