X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver Frosty
    replied
    Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Found a fresh R case of Cars in TRU this morning, first time in ages I have bought more than just the one mainline car.

I pulled these from the case, no Bob Pulley, is he in a different mix?

I also saw the RS Classics new box set with Luigi and Guido with paint rollers, no price but I expect it will be over £20. Also 2 boxes of RS Classics with one eye Mater and Timothy Timezone, both on the older style cards.
    Great finds! That case is everywhere down here too.

I've only seen the Bob Pulley case here once. Other cases have been seen here since that so it may be in short supply? We're only know come the end of the year I suppose!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    I forgot to add the picture of the new box set, will get it if under £20, otherwise will wait for the sales!

I was told that the RS Classic box set will be IRO of either £24.99 or £29.99. That wasn't confirmed at the time!

Great finds by the way!

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Found a fresh R case of Cars in TRU this morning, first time in ages I have bought more than just the one mainline car.

I also saw the RS Classics new box set with Luigi and Guido with paint rollers, no price but I expect it will be over £20. Also 2 boxes of RS Classics with one eye Mater and Timothy Timezone, both on the older style cards.

Bob Pulley is in International case 959S, which has only been found (so far) at Morrisons!

Those cars from case 959R at TRU look to be Sellotape free!? If so, what were the date stamps on the cars? The 959R cases I've seen at Smyths and Tesco all have Sellotape on them!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    I forgot to add the picture of the new box set, will get it if under £20, otherwise will wait for the sales!

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rossibutton
    replied
    Found Vic Vanley at Toys R Us, also found the first Hot Wheels 2017 Case at ASDA

Leave a comment:

• cac1959
    replied
    Found Timothy and Mater in the RS classics series and Vic Vanley from the main line in TRU today.
    Awesome find, VANDANCE! Congratulations! I still haven't found Vic Vanley in a store.

Leave a comment:

• VANDANCE
    replied
    Found Timothy and Mater in the RS classics series and Vic Vanley from the main line in TRU today.

Leave a comment:

• ForTheLoveofMater
    replied
    Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
    There hasn't been any news about where they'll show up. They've only been found at Kroger's stores in the US.
    They have been found at Kroger stores, Fry's Marketplace, and most recently I found them at HEB (grocery store exclusive to Texas).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    Originally posted by RCcars5 View Post
    He's in Case J and is the only new car in the case, so you didn't miss any other new ones.
    The Vic Vanley case (international 959T) has also been found in Toys R Us in the UK. He's the only new car in that case.

It looks like we have 959Q, 959R, 959S and 959T in the UK.

The full contents of the latest RS Classic singles case (12A?) is as follows:

Bug Mouth Lighting McQueen - 3
    One Eye Mater - 2
    Timothy 'Timezone' Truecoat - 2
    Radiator Springs Lighting McQueen - 2
    Greta - 1
    Costanza Della Corsa - 1
    Doc -1

Leave a comment:

• boogity
    replied
    thought for a minute you had done a marathon,,,, still its early morning
    was speaking to a family yersterdaay who had just come back from carsland!
    I have to plan this somehow
    think i,ll fly into in to watch the indy 500, pick up cac on way past , head to route 66 and then la and then wake up and have me cornflakes

Leave a comment:

• niftynigel
    replied
    It is said that a week is a long time in politics! A day is a long time in Cars collecting!

Before and after football on Tuesday, I did a marathon visit to loads of ASDA, Morrisons, Sainsburys and Tesco stores that have a toy department and have a recent history of selling Cars! Apart from a couple ASDA and Sainsburys having a few old (mostly L case Cars), I saw no other Cars, old or new in any of the other stores. Most didn't even have the Cars price ticket / placeholder. Maybe new Cars are on their way in the Autumn resets? I had a look at a few Wilko's too. Possible remnants of the 959Q case. It's difficult to say as there are many repeated Cars and the case dates overlap, 959L (0876EAA) and 959Q (0806EAA). Too many 959L cases were ordered / produced in three batches, 3525EAA, 0186EAA and 0876EAA. The latter two being affected by Sellotape supplanting the glue problem!

The good news (today) is that I'm glad I didn't buy Cars in the 959Q case at Hamleys' high price of £8 last Saturday. I found five 959Q cases in Bentalls, Kingston-Upon-Thames today. On close inspection, all 120 Cars (they'd just put them out) were on excellent/mint cards with no Sellotape / glue problem!

Apart from the RS Classics at TRU last week, that was my first significant Cars haul for FIVE months!

The drought is over! Hurray!

I bought Austin Littleton, Holley Shiftwell/taser, Mater/balloon and Jeff Gorvette. Although Jeff is a frequent repeat, the 2016 series represents the first time that all eleven Cars 2 WGP racers have been released as singles together in one year! Although Rip Clutchgoneski was allocated No. 36 in the Cars 2 series, there were production problems preventing him from being released until 2013 themes!

Leave a comment:

• RCcars5
    replied
    Originally posted by BirchTiger View Post
    Any word on which countries are likely to get the movie moments outside of the US?

There hasn't been any news about where they'll show up. They've only been found at Kroger's stores in the US.

Leave a comment:

• BirchTiger
    replied
    Any word on which countries are likely to get the movie moments outside of the US?

Leave a comment:

• RCcars5
    replied
    Gask-Its is scheduled for a release in the Movie Moments line.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X