Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no not at all

Comment

Heads up for UK collectors, Asda have the series 1 boxes currently, atleast in my local store, be lucky.

Comment

Glad to see that Asda is carrying the Mini Racers boxes, Tony... that's the second version of Wave 1 boxes with the code imprinted instead of stamped in black ink... thank you for sharing that with us.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

I've just started collecting the Disney Pixar Cars The Metal Mini Racers here in the United States. Had the benefit of scouring a few stores in Southern Arizona and then in Upstate New York during a business trip. So, I've been able to find ALLOT of them in the stores with their retail packaging at affordable prices.

(Note: I don't care about retail packaging, I immediately put them in craft boxes anyway and save the carboard backs with all clear bulging plastic removed in a file).

I ordered a few on Amazon and Ebay that should arrive within this month, but honestly, I think I'll have most of the Minis that are available.... that is what they've released for Cars and Cars 3. I don't expect the Metal Mini Racers to be extensive as the 1.55 Scale Mattel Cars, but there are some obvious omissions (Guido, Stanley, Rusty, Dusty, Tex, Bessie, Frank, Tractors, Otis, Lizzie) and everyone introduced in Cars2 (Finn, Holley, Miles, F.Bernoulli, Zundapp, some lemons, other international racers, etc..).

Any news on any Cars2 vehicles making it to the Metal Mini Racers collection?
          Last edited by ODwyerPW; 10-10-2019, 12:47 AM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Loving the enthusiasm, but my Mini knowledge is mini... Welcome to PCD though!

Comment

While I enjoy some of the variants of previous existing cars (I'd like to get the blue Metallic Intro Ramone), I'm more interested in new characters. So, today I found on Ebay a new car, H J Hollis. Unfortunately, you have to buy a 15 pack that has 14 cars I already own... for $69. (ditto with Metallic Intro Ramone)

Comment

Originally posted by ODwyerPW View Post
                While I enjoy some of the variants of previous existing cars (I'd like to get the blue Metallic Intro Ramone), I'm more interested in new characters. So, today I found on Ebay a new car, H J Hollis. Unfortunately, you have to buy a 15 pack that has 14 cars I already own... for $69. (ditto with Metallic Intro Ramone)
                I really like the diecast Mini Racers, ODwyerPW... however, I refused to spend $30 plus tax on the 15 packs at Target stores so I am not going to collect them all... Mattel has been doing this to collectors since the first Cars toys were released in 2006...Some of the Mini Racers in early 5 or 10 packs have been released as singles or in 3 packs... I hope the ones from the 15 packs get released as singles... if not, I won't have them in my collection... and I can live with my decision.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

This week discovered a few new cars:

Metallic Intro Ramone (already have 4 variations of Ramone)

Golden Miss Fritter

Gold Rust-Eze Cruz Ramirez (already have a Gold Cruz Ramirez sans racing logos and 6 other varieties)

Gold Storm Jackson (have standard, metallic, glow in the dark, XRS)

Metallic Red Rust-Eze Racing Center Lightening McQueen (this one is annoying because, I already have the Metallic Red RustEze Lightening McQueen... the Metallic Red Rust-Eze Racing center version only differs with shape of the Hood Logo... and then of course 12 other varieties... That is such a minor variation...silly really).

Regarding the above new discoveries (for me), these must be purchased with 10 and 15 packs. I haven't found those specific 10 ($19.95) and 15 ($29.95) packs at any bigbox or retail outlet.... just online for $50 to $70 to $95...which is a bit of money to spend when you just need 1 or 2 cars from each of the packs.

Surprised that the Disney Pixar Cars Mattel Metal Mini Racers series has grown to include 5 different Ramones, 5 different Storm Jacksons, 6 different Chick Hicks, 8 different Cruz Ramirez and 14 different Lightening McQueens. A bit much.

I need to modify one thing: The Golden Miss Fritter... I have no idea how she is acquired.. just saw it listed on Ebay today..

Last edited by ODwyerPW; 09-22-2019, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Discovered a new Speed McQueen... it's a primered car... only part of a Mac Semi that comes with 5 mini racers.. it's sold in Asia/Europe. dont' think it's available in North America. That literally makes for 15 different Speed McQueen models
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ODwyerPW; 10-04-2019, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Found out where Golden Miss Fritter comes from ..

Comment

New mini 10 pack with First Look Glow in the Dark Fabulous Hudson Hornet is available... Photo from Get Me Collectibles... thank you, Eli.

Comment

ugghhh, another 10 pack to get 1 car and add 9 more duplicates to your collection..... i have 3 Docs.... my HeyDay is backordered (so that would be 4 Docs)… I don't think I need this 5th one....

Perhaps eventually they will put Glow Mater and Glow Doc and someone else in a 3-pack series...

Comment

The Sterling....one has a bit of flake to the grey paint... the other has kind of a mirror finish.... yeah... they are very very similar.... and both appear 'metallic' to me... oh well.

Comment

Would this be the 3rd version of wave 1 boxes, sticky label, UK.

Comment

Updated the main post to include some upcoming 3-packs: XRS (Lightning, Brick and Tim) and Next-Gen (Jackson, Spikey and Ryan).

Comment

Working...
                                X