Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got light and sounds mcq and francesco in home bargains for 3.99,
    checked tescos on my return to work, - dont think I missed ought
    ru5ty confirmed his to be true later in the day as he munched thru some cars choccy i,d brought back!

Comment

• had a mosie about town this after, found nought, it was if i,d not been away at all, well found marlon in debenhams but at 5.50 left him to guard obama when he,s in town

Comment

• I got a reply from the well known UK internet reseller. Everything he had in the 'latest' case went onto the eBay site in the drop down menu.

Assuming that is true, it's confirms that there was no Rip Clutchgoneski in case 997W. There was no Vern either, but he was supposed to be repeated in what was assumed to be case 997Y.

Until these start appearing in the wild, we won't know for sure, but this is what case 997W might look like ...

LEWIS HAMILTON (2)
        LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with Cone) (2)
        CRUISIN' LIGHTNING McQUEEN (2)
        SNOT ROD (with Flames) (2)
        KABUTO (2)
        SUKI (1)
        RACE TOW TRUCK TOM (1)
        FLO (1)
        BODY SHOP RAMONE (Green) (1)
        SECURITY GUARD FINN McMISSILE (1)
        GREM (with Weapon) (1)
        TUBBS PACER (1)
        FRANCESCA (CHASE) (1)
        VICTOR PAVEONE (2)
        BRAND NEW MATER (1)
        LIGHTNING RAMONE (1)
        DONNA PITTS (1)

I make that 23 cars. The other one is either ...

DAVID HOBBSCAP ~ Possible?
        SHERIFF ~ Possible?
        FINN McMISSILE ~ Most likely?
        FRANCA ~ Unlikely?

It'll be interesting to see what else the French internet seller has in addition to MAURICE. Is he in case 997Y? What else is in that case?

The question is, what's going on?

1). I don't know for sure, but I would guess (and that's all it is at the moment) is that 'twin' cases 997S/T have been cancelled and that effectively three cases 997W, 997S/T, 997Y could be merged into two?

2). This would mean that Super Chase wouldn't be coming to UK/Europe.

3). As the two final US cases after 999L are going to be 'twin' cases (two plus two), the UK/Europe cases could be different. I hope that doesn't mean that we are going to miss out again and Mattel cuts the series short? Mattel US year ends in October, but in the UK it runs through to March, so there is still plenty of time for the remaining cars to be released into the UK/Europe.

4). This means that we would've had ten 2013 cases in total from start to finish, 997N/P/Q/R/U/V/W/Y plus two. As Mattel said there would be 12 cases, perhaps there are two more after that?

None of this is confirmed, it's pure speculation at the moment.

As ever, if anyone see's a new case, please take a note of the contents and ideally post a photograph or two!

Comment

• [QUOTE=As ever, if anyone see's a new case, please take a note of the contents and ideally post a photograph or two![/QUOTE]

Yes well after wasting time I don't have tracking down the latest delivery from one of my numerous locals, this is what I got.... This is now the norm for the folk in Ulster, yes I know I should just take it on the chin but serious!!!! CUM'ON MATTEL

Comment

• Always love the sight of a fresh case ... the last letter is the clincher though lol Is that the Chase Miles case?

Comment

• Thats the old porta corsa case with GGG in aint it? with otis and suki too imsc

That sucks balls.

I remember calling into Cribbs Asda when I was down that way a few weeks ago and saw the box above the pitiful selection of cars. Red band on it said "Do not open until....." and i got a lil excited until I finished reading "...June 2011!" What. The. F@#"!

Comment

• A Galloping Geargrinder is the NORM for you guys? Wow! GGG's are pretty difficult to find in the US, as well as Otis and Suki.

Comment

• Apparently GGG is pretty readily available over there...just picked one up from enzo

I have never even seen one in stores!!

Comment

• Yep GGG is on clip strips over here, seen them in Tesco.

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
                      Yep GGG is on clip strips over here, seen them in Tesco.
                      Distribution continues to baffle me and others... I saw one GGG at 1 Kmart store... I saw 4 total at stores like Kohl's and Elder-Beerman for $5.99 each ($2 above normal retail)... and it's a pegwarmer in the UK...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• I agree ... distribution is a mess ... GGG is one of the Cars I have NEVER seen in the wild

Comment

• Originally posted by jestrjef View Post
                          I agree ... distribution is a mess ... GGG is one of the Cars I have NEVER seen in the wild
                          It is crazy isn't it. I can drive past a store on my way home shortly safe in the knowledge I could easily pick up at least 3 or 4 GGG's

Comment

• It should be that easy for ANY CAR ... but ... you know Mattel lol

Comment

• Its almost like they don't want the lines to sell well, succeed and make them lots of money

Comment

• found a few movie moments twin packs in asda, the question is, was this stuff they had in the stockroom all this time or where they sent in?
                                boost/snot rod
                                damaged king/mcq
                                helicopters
                                cactus /doc
                                tow cap/gaspirin
                                priced 6.89

mrs boogity found these!!

Comment

Working...
                                X