Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That may be worth an ask of a supervisor or duty manager Boogity! Would gladly take them off yer hands if there are more there mate! All except Doc and Cactus LMQ.

Let me know

Ta

Comment

• are you serious? Wow id love to find gaspirin, the helicopters and damaged king! great find!
      Last edited by Junior; 06-18-2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
        found a few movie moments twin packs in asda, the question is, was this stuff they had in the stockroom all this time or where they sent in?
        boost/snot rod
        damaged king/mcq
        helicopters
        cactus /doc
        tow cap/gaspirin
        priced 6.89

mrs boogity found these!!
        WOW!! Blast from the Past boogity!! Nice Score!

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
          found a few movie moments twin packs in asda, the question is, was this stuff they had in the stockroom all this time or where they sent in?
          boost/snot rod
          damaged king/mcq
          helicopters
          cactus /doc
          tow cap/gaspirin
          priced 6.89

that is a good question

a great find if you were missing them

Comment

• Great find, boogity... Glad to hear that your Mrs helps you out with Cars... those International carded Movie Moments are some of my favorites... I have many of them thanks to pirelliboy and others.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by Ru5ty View Post
              Yes well after wasting time I don't have tracking down the latest delivery from one of my numerous locals, this is what I got.... This is now the norm for the folk in Ulster, yes I know I should just take it on the chin but serious!!!! CUM'ON MATTEL

That's a very interesting case date 3282EAA (November). All the cars that I've got from around the time the case originally turned up were around 2002EAA (July). That would tend to suggest that this case was intended to go to stores around January or February of this year.

The contents I had for the 996Y case were as follows:

1. RACE TEAM MATER (1) ~ Straight carded.
              3. LIGHTNING McQUEEN (with RW) (5)
              4. FRANCESCO BERNOULLI (2)
              6. PROFESSOR Z (1)
              7. JEFF GORVETTE (1)
              10. RACE TEAM LUIGI & GUIDO (2)
              16. ROD 'TORQUE' REDLINE (1)
              19. HYDRAULIC RAMONE (2)
              25. CARLO MASERATI (1) ~ Straight carded.
              26. LIGHTNING McQUEEN (HHC) (4)
              27. MEL DORADO (1)
              28. VLADIMIR TRUNKOV (1)
              41. GALLOPING GEARGRINDER (2) ~ All other reports say three GGGs.

This can't be 100% correct as we know there were three GGGs in there. If you can get a photo or confirm the contents, that'll be great.

If case 996W turned up ...

... There's a 40. CARTNEY BRAKIN' in there!

996W contained ...

1. RACE TEAM MATER (1) ~ Straight carded.
              2. FINN McMISSILE (2) ~ Straight carded.
              5. HOLLEY SHIFTWELL (2)
              6. PROFESSOR Z (2)
              9. RAOUL CAROULE 2)
              16. ROD 'TORQUE' REDLINE (2)
              17. MILES AXLEROD (2)
              19. HYDRAULIC RAMONE (2)
              20. NIGEL GEARSLEY (2)
              21. MAX SCHNELL (2)
              27. MEL DORADO (2)
              39. ERIK LANELEY (2)
              40. CARTNEY BRAKIN' (Chase) (1)

Comment

• IMAG0243.jpg

Tonight's haul from Sainsbury's in Taplow. I wonder if this was case 996Y as there were 2 Carlo Maserati's and 2 Mel Dorado's on the shelf along with the contents listed by Nigel above.

Comment

• My local Toymaster group usually get a Mattel delivery most weeks. Their delivery manifest this week said that W1938 Disney Cars Standard Singles are 'Currently Out of Stock'.

It could be that Tesco and Sainsburys will take anything to have on their shelves? Mattel may just have sourced whatever they could find to tide them over until the next 'new' delivery?

That said, if we all found Cartney Brakin', Fabrizio and Sir Harley Gassup, we'd be well chuffed!

Comment

• Taplow's great at Ł2.49 a pop. no ones noticed its been like that for 3 months. 2 weeks ago it was chase Miles I found in store for Ł2.49, now we are back to old cases. This is sad news, we get a very brief glimpse of new diecasts in the UK and then all we seem to get is cases of repeats. Even though I would take any decent cars at Ł2.49 no matter if they were old or new.

Comment

• The half price thing does seem to be store specific. Must admit your Chase Miles find is much more impressive but I was pretty pleased to see a GGG in the wild. Got that excited feeling when I saw him that seems to be all too rare these days for collecting in the UK.

Comment

• Hello,

I've been checking this thread every so often as I've been trying to get rip clutchgoneski for my son.

So I guess its only fair I let you know that today I finally found him, Tescos in woolwich (south east london) had at least 4 of them today, they also had a few cars I'd never seen before, a light blue one with a welding mask I think, maybe a bad guy? (I was in a hurry so couldnt check the name, sorry).

So pleased I didnt resort to paying over the odds on ebay.

Anyway, tescos in right by woolwich arsenal station for those willing to travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by basil View Post
                          Hello,

I've been checking this thread every so often as I've been trying to get rip clutchgoneski for my son.

So I guess its only fair I let you know that today I finally found him, Tescos in woolwich (south east london) had at least 4 of them today, they also had a few cars I'd never seen before, a light blue one with a welding mask I think, maybe a bad guy? (I was in a hurry so couldnt check the name, sorry).

So pleased I didnt resort to paying over the odds on ebay.

Anyway, tescos in right by woolwich arsenal station for those willing to travel.
                          Sounds like the other car is Petey Pacer!

Both of those cars were in the 997P case, unless they've both been repeated in another case? That's not been the most common case out there, so that's good news (for those who need a Rip) if it's on general circulation!

Comment

• Hope one of the tescos up here gets one in, Ben is desperate for one!
                            Last edited by Junior; 06-21-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• heading up to derry/londonderry, the european city of culture 2013, on sunday, for a triathlon, the car parking for the race is in sainsburys car park, so will pay them a visit after, if i,m still able, think there is a big tru there too, so hopefully I might find something interesting thats not on home turf

Comment

• just had a decko on e bay for this stuff, I see there is a bloke in portadown, co armagh, norn iron selling a boost/snot rod, wonder if he lurks on the site or not?
                                if you do chum, hows about coming outta the closet!
                                Originally posted by boogity View Post
                                boost/snot rod
                                damaged king/mcq
                                helicopters
                                cactus /doc
                                tow cap/gaspirin
                                priced 6.89

Comment

Working...
                                X