No announcement yet.

Recent Finds - August 2013 Store Purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great finds, KK&PP_Cars... bummer about Chug... I prefer to use self-scanning registers at Walmart for exactly that reason - you can scan another item and drop the one you need in your bag.

Did they at least let you put it in layaway?

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

No self scanning register at any Walmart around me...I didn't try layaway, was with my 10 month old and in a hurry...figured I'd find him again at some point...

It's not that I picked him out of a box in the back either, it was on the pegs...

Comment

Found Francesco Mater, MaterHosen, Elvis RV, Security Guard Finn, Krate, Victor Paveone, Kabuto and Snot Rod between two different walmarts. Would have had the rest of case H but they were getting another case in the next day...

Edit, Krate was at a Meijers
        Last edited by abuthemagician; 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Aw, man!! That sucks!! Did you ask for a manager? I would have planted my ass down until it was inventoried.

Comment

Stopped by Walmart today, no sign of Case H sadly but my Walmart does love Materhosen!
            Last edited by Hunter; 08-12-2013, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KK&PP_Cars View Post
              No self scanning register at any Walmart around me...I didn't try layaway, was with my 10 month old and in a hurry...figured I'd find him again at some point...

It's not that I picked him out of a box in the back either, it was on the pegs...
              Ah, man!! You should have grabbed another character and had the clerk scan it as it would have been the same price!! I hate that!! Kmart did that to me a little while back! GRRRR lol

Comment

Just got home from our Family Vacation yesterday and trying to catch up with my area today! No signs of ANY new cars at Walmart still … no Toon Megas, no singles, no sidekcks … nothing … resets have started though …. so maybe this week! Targets were thin thin, but I did manage to find Case H at one of them.

The big story of my day happened at TRU. I found 27 cars in a sad looking cube today at one of my TRU this morning. I wasn't even sure why it was still there lol Anyway, I took one to the front to see if they had any more as I see super cool things have been popping up at TRU in other states. She said …"um … yeah … looking like we have about 125 in the back." I JUST ABOUT PASSED OUT!!! WOWSERS! I asked if they were going to bring them out to restock the cube … she replied with, "I don't know, but if you want, I can call someone to come help you." I quickly replied with "YES!!!!!!"

I ran over to meet another nice employee by the boy's toys and I told her I would love to see what they had in back. She replied with, "sure I will bring them all out for you, if you like." Again I replied with "YES PLEASE!!!!!" 2 minutes later she came out with 2 Cases … then a minute later another case … and a minute after that 2 more cases …. WOW! It was like a Kmart Day in TRU!! LOLOL

It was GREAT to see new car at this TRU for the first time in a while. Turns out all the Cases were Case H. I told her I would fill the cube for her as a thank you for bringing them out. It took me about 10 minutes to fill that and then 2 pegs in the main aisle. I told her all these cars would be gone in a weeks time. 3 people bought from them as I was "stocking." lol I did pick up a few Francesca, Rip, Snot Rod, Donna, Flo, and Victor for trades and some overseas folks I help, but left a couple Chase Francesca AND Rip in various places on the Cube so that kids might find them when they come in today!!

I have to say, this was probably the best experience I have ever had at a TRU with TRU employees. I should have taken a few pictures, but I get so excited about cool finds, I often totally forget! I guess that is the joy of being a kid inside a grown man!! LOL It made me smile, and I am sure others will smile too!

Comment

Originally posted by KK&PP_Cars View Post
                  Excited to find Chugg this morning... Unfortunately the excitement didn't last long as the fine people at Walmart did not let me take him home with me as it didn't register in their inventory...

that's crazy
                  my walmarts and target just manually add it when it's not in their system

Comment

Originally posted by carslover View Post
                    that's crazy
                    my walmarts and target just manually add it when it's not in their system
                    It was 3 of them too and no other customers around...all of them said the same thing without even trying to help. Had to run back home or else I would've gone to the toys section and gotten a dusty for them to scan...

Comment

• Had more time this morning, same Walmart...still not registering but there was an assistant manager with more common sense...

Comment

• Hurrah for finding a competent employee...lol!

Comment

• Went to a third walmart this week. Found Francesca, Kabuto, Snot Rod, Donna Pitts, and Suki. Snot Rod and Kabuto are doubles of what I already own. Going to return the ones I got as the new ones I found are in much better shape then the others. The others had the packaging partly opened.

Comment

• Went to TRU as they opened today, fresh case H on the pegs, no way anybody could've bought any cars from the case yet RIP was missing...hope the latest 2 super chases appear somewhere other than TRU or I won't have a chance...

Comment

• Some nice finds guys

Comment

• Glad to see you were able to buy Chug, KK&PP_Cars... That's one of about 8 characters from Planes I don't have that I will buy... great score on the case H Cars as well... I don't expect to see any of those in the county... thank goodness for friends who help me out.

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Working...
                                X