Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
    not sure what's going on here as the sainsbury's, which has been the only decent source of cars in bath, display box has been empty all week (as has the hot wheels box next to it)

hopefully it means the recent cases have been exhausted and they are waiting for new ones
    Sainbury's near me filled up with Cars last Wednesday but it was the older mix with Charlie Checker, Nitroade and the like. The previous case 6 weeks ago had Hobscap, Mike, Franca so they are going backwards! Hot wheels were filled up yesterday with case H, the Star-trek mix. I find Sainsbury' have always been a bit behind the competition when it comes to Diecast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      Yuffie, is that the Odd Down one?
      Yep, that's the one.

Comment

• My TRU just had delivery of Pope, Popemobile, Funnycar Mater, Sumo Ref and Queens all at £4.99

Comment

• Wow! Nice new Deluxe at a great price, pirelliboy!

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
            My TRU just had delivery of Pope, Popemobile, Funnycar Mater, Sumo Ref and Queens all at £4.99
            Thanks for the heads up!
            Last edited by Enzo; 05-03-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Toys r us Belfast has just confirmed 6 cases of G & R Deluxe as well, so plenty to go around. Though they also got two cases of the dreaded 2011 "Do not open" before Doomsday assortments, packed with the same 4 cars i posted a pic of the other day...These will be sent back my little chum down there told me..

Comment

• Enzo - That's much better stocked than my local TRUs. I have three within about 15 miles or so. The biggest, Croydon (Purley Way) is nothing short of a disgrace. The second largest store in the UK, rude and unhelpful staff (most of them) ... After purchasing something from another store (Ilford), I got an online questionnaire about my 'experience'. I pulled no punches and explained my recent (good) experience (at Ilford) and previous (nearly all bad) ones (at Croydon). I gave all my contact details and requested that TRU contact me! One month later, still no reply!

My local Tesco Extra stores have been getting old, sorry very old Cars 2 stock in! Why? Why? Why?

In common with other areas, all the Sainsburys in my area have had no Cars singles for a couple of weeks. Suddenly over the last couple of days, case 997R has made a reappearance! OK, if you've got all the Cars in there by now, it's not good, but better than a whole bunch of early 'cut' carded Cars 2 stuff!

So much for cases 997V and 997W being imminent!

Comment

• Picked up Leyland Turbo / Finn and Mama Topolino / Uncle Topolino in TRU today £5.99 each.

Also they had Cars 2 singles for £2.99 each. I wonder if this is also the packs asda have been getting as they all seem to be the same cars.

Also TRU have started to get Minifigures Series 10 in.

Comment

• Shame you dont have a B&M/Home Bargains near you, they are 4 quid there.

So TRU have 2013 carded Cars in stock? Wonders never cease!

At 3 quid tho thats not a bad deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombom77 View Post
                      Shame you dont have a B&M/Home Bargains near you, they are 4 quid there.

So TRU have 2013 carded Cars in stock? Wonders never cease!
                      Or £1.49 if that barcode error is still not sorted.

As for TRU, almost certain he means old 2011/12 carded stock at £2.99.

Comment

• That's right, same 2012 cars as our local Asda £3 mix found last week. 2013 cars in TRU!!!! dont make me laugh... next year! Home bargains is in Reading which we dont go past that often and I have stopped going for special trips for cars. Let down way too many times over the past year 'its become a waste of time as the Uk just dosen't get the same stock as we use to', will only look if we have gone for something else these days.

Comment

• That barcode error is swifty corrected to 3.99 in my locals as they know the prices of the 2 packs, still its better than 8.99 elsewhere! lol

Comment

• After a sunny bank holiday weekend I finally managed to get into TRU for the first time since reading here Friday new cases of Cars 2 deluxe were in stock. I so wanted the Pope pinion and missed out on it last year. I honestly thought they would all be gone by today but just as luck would have it I got the last one on the pegs! I rang TRU Friday afternoon and asked if they could 'hold' one for me but Company Policy stated they could only reserve an item for 24 hours. So after an anxious weekend of waiting (I did not want to do battle with weekend Bank Holiday traffic) I finally got my prize. Thanks again for the info and the heads up guys it's so cool!!

Comment

• Looks like a mid-year lull...

Found a sorry looking Uncle Topolino (2013 unibody) on his own, last remnant of 997U.

image.jpg

Staff member saw me looking and volunteered to check new stock coming in. Came back with "5 weeks, from 10 June". Hopefully that means we'll see cases V and W with the likes of Snot Rod with flames and Chase Axelrod!
                              Last edited by Enzo; 05-07-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• found papa, hrh, and pope mobile in tru
                                ru5ty, hrh and the papa were on the same peg....priceless!
                                ru5ty, found lego batcave, dont know wether you need it, call down if you do, plus there was some reduced ninja stuff in ballygo

Comment

Working...
                                X