Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Given the time of year, whatever happened to Hank Halloween Murphy? Did I blink and miss him?
    Hank was originally in the 997N case, the very first 2013 European case, which was not released in the UK.

He was repeated in the 997Y case, which was first seen at Disney Stores (10 July), Sainsburys (24 July) and Tesco (9 August).

You may have missed him, but he could easily turn up in a clipstrip case?

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
      i can't help seeing the irony that the thread after this one (in the new posts list) is 'respect the classics: ruka and mildred bylane'

being somewhat anal about these things means i will probably end up paying silly money for internationsl carded ruka and bylane via ebay but this definitely convinces me to go down the US cards route next year

Mattel UK's official line is that "Not every car is released in all territories". Mattel - that's a real cop out!

What happened to "Collect Them All"?

For those hoping to get Mildred Bylane and Ruka on a European card, remember last year!

None of the last four cars, nos. 47-50 were released in the UK or Europe although Alexander Hugo, Mary Esgocar and Sir Harley Gassup did appear on an International card and some have been seen on eBay. I don't believe that Fabrizio was produced on an international cardback?

Therefore it wouldn't a surprise of Mildred Bylane and Ruka didn't get produced on a European cardback.

Ichigo was but only a few!

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
        Thanks for the update Nigel, at least collectors now know that they have to look at other sources for the final few if they are not planned in 2014 'which they might be', will wait to see if these cars all of a sudden become hard to find or prices start to go up as news spreads that the UK did not get them. So is that pretty much it then for the end of the year? what an anti climax! well at least Mattel are being consistent on not delivering. If you got Nature McQueen and Alex C and all the rest before them then there is no need to have to hunt as there will be no new cars until 2014 cases arrive.

I have at least calmed down since yeaterday!

I was disappointed this time last year, knowing that the last two cases (997K and 997L) were cancelled and the UK/Europe missed out on the last four Cars 2 cars, but this year ALL 12 cases that were supposed to be released, did get released. OK, the UK missed the first case 997N, but all the cars in the case did eventually get a release with J. Curby Gremlin completing that case. The other case not to make it to the UK was 994A with Ichigo.

All the other ten cases did make it to the UK, 997P, 997Q, 997R, 997U, 997V, 997W, 997Y, 994B, 994C and 994D.

There are also clipstrip cases too, which are essentially re-assortments of any of the above cases that for some reason didn't make it to the shops! Anything from the ten cases could, in theory make it to the clipstrips!

E.g. I was given a Francesca, that had been found on a clipstrip assortment.

There were some cars that should've been in the 994D case, but weren't ...

Mildred Bylane
        Ruka
        Victor Paveone
        Harumi
        Mike Lorengine
        One other 'mystery' car!

That would've been quite a nice case with that lot in it.

I'll certainly continue to look for this case, in the hope that Mattel mis-packed batches of the case. I'm clutching at straws as that's a pretty big mis-pack; you can expect the odd car here and there, but not a significant percentage!

That said, there have been reports of cases (in the US) containing quite a few Super Chases!

That sort of 'good fortune' mis-packing doesn't occur in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
          Mattel UK's official line is that "Not every car is released in all territories". Mattel - that's a real cop out!

What happened to "Collect Them All"?

For those hoping to get Mildred Bylane and Ruka on a European card, remember last year!

None of the last four cars, nos. 47-50 were released in the UK or Europe although Alexander Hugo, Mary Esgocar and Sir Harley Gassup did appear on an International card and some have been seen on eBay. I don't believe that Fabrizio was produced on an international cardback?

Therefore it wouldn't a surprise of Mildred Bylane and Ruka didn't get produced on a European cardback.

Ichigo was but only a few!
          i remember following an international carded mildred on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mildred-by...p2047675.l2557

but haven't seen a ruka yet

Comment

• actually the same seller also had a ruka

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/airport-wa...p2047675.l2557

though i guess neither have made it beyond a back door seller in hong kong yet

Comment

• Steering away from the depressing talk of how Mattel UK have shafted everyone (yet again), a fun bathtime find in HB this evening...

Comment

• I bought the bath tub finn as well Enzo and as much as my wee boy enjoys mucking about with it - it doesn't work very well im sad to report - to be fair at £6.99 its not a bad buy but if id paid £20 for it I would have taken it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior View Post
                  I bought the bath tub finn as well Enzo and as much as my wee boy enjoys mucking about with it - it doesn't work very well im sad to report - to be fair at £6.99 its not a bad buy but if id paid £20 for it I would have taken it back.
                  I actually bought it last year from TRU but took it back as one part was broken on opening. There wasn't another in stock so I got a refund. To be honest, it wasn't a "run to the tills" buy this time round for that reason. What doesn't work well? The propellor or the squirter guns? As you say it probably gives a bit of fun but anything to distract from the "waterboarding" trauma that washing his hair has become lately.

Comment

• I've been waiting for the Mega packs of Cars and Planes to come back in to the Disney Store as their head office told me they would be! I last checked a few hours ago and nothing, I check now and see that the mega pack of Planes had not only come online but is already sold out! ...Makes me very grumpy but at least I know the head office weren't making it up! Especially as the 10 pack of cars is also now in stores too!

http://www.disneystore.co.uk/planes-...61647/1321504/

Comment

• Hey Enzo

the bottom half of the car has to be under water for the guns to work properly which is quite tricky for the kids and also the when you pull the string for the propeller the car doesn't really move or make bubbles - Ben actually lifts his up as if its a plane and dive bombs the targets - which he seems to enjoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshuasmummy View Post
                        I've been waiting for the Mega packs of Cars and Planes to come back in to the Disney Store as their head office told me they would be! I last checked a few hours ago and nothing, I check now and see that the mega pack of Planes had not only come online but is already sold out! ...Makes me very grumpy but at least I know the head office weren't making it up! Especially as the 10 pack of cars is also now in stores too!
                        Lesson learned the hard way I'm afraid. DS head office are worse than useless, and the online operation is a joke. Either grab what you see in store or hope you're lucky when browsing and then they actually follow-through on the order.

Out of curiosity, what else was in the Cars mega pack? Last year it was 20, well including a few LMQs, with metallic finish racers.

Comment

• Showing as in stock right now!

Comment

• Here is the picture of the new 16 pack Cars Mega Pack from the Disney Store for £80 -Picture Credit all to Lozzi :-)

photo 3.jpg

Comment

• Good news!

Mattel UK have confirmed that both Mildred Bylane and Ruka are part of the latest assortment and that it may well have been a packing error in the early cases!

That said, they also said that there were some Ichigo's released in the UK in early July!

Did anyone see an Ichigo in the UK?

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                                Good news!

Mattel UK have confirmed that both Mildred Bylane and Ruka are part of the latest assortment and that it may well have been a packing error in the early cases!

That said, they also said that there were some Ichigo's released in the UK in early July!

Did anyone see an Ichigo in the UK?
                                I guess that's a relief for some. Personally though, the lack of Pitty Band (and other MM 2-packs) is still unforgivable.

Comment

Working...
                                X