Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice finds in asda.. what a strange place to put clip strips

Comment

• Clipstrip displays

Originally posted by carslover View Post
      mattel must do a special packaging for the chains that want it that way
      I don't recall having ever seen the clip stips in the US
      Clipstrips for Cars usually denotes the end-of-line sale, which just happened to coincide with Christmas last year and again this year. This has certainly happened this time around, with re-assortments of previous cases from just about anything that was left in Mattel's warehouse. Generally clipstrips are mainly found in supermarkets, but there are advantages for smaller retailers.

No one has reported a sighting yet, but it wouldn't come as a surprise if someone found an Ichigo (Chase) on a clipstrip!

As others have said, the clipstrips can be hung just about anywhere in a store. They are particularly good for stores that don't usually stock the item. The Tesco I found the fresh case yesterday don't usually sell toys and the two clipstrips were in the toilet paper section!

I was actually thinking that the clipstrips are a neat and efficient way of displaying cars at home! The supermarkets may even discard old ones, so it's possibly to pick them up for free!

Has anyone considered or done that?

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
        Clipstrips for Cars usually denotes the end-of-line sale, which just happened to coincide with Christmas last year and again this year. This has certainly happened this time around, with re-assortments of previous cases from just about anything that was left in Mattel's warehouse. Generally clipstrips are mainly found in supermarkets, but there are advantages for smaller retailers.

No one has reported a sighting yet, but it wouldn't come as a surprise if someone found an Ichigo (Chase) on a clipstrip!

As others have said, the clipstrips can be hung just about anywhere in a store. They are particularly good for stores that don't usually stock the item. The Tesco I found the fresh case yesterday don't usually sell toys and the two clipstrips were in the toilet paper section!

I was actually thinking that the clipstrips are a neat and efficient way of displaying cars at home! The supermarkets may even discard old ones, so it's possibly to pick them up for free!

Has anyone considered or done that?
        Hi Nigel,

Yes I have 6 clip strips donated to me by different supermarkets. I use them when I find new Cars for display. It's a great way to display Cars (or Hot Wheels) and keeps them neat. One word of advise, use the plastic hook at the top of the strip and not the adhesive tape on the back. I tried sticking the double sided tape to a metal shelf edge and disaster -within an hour the Cars were on the floor! My son also has a strip of Cars displayed in his room, they look great!

I'll keep a look out for Ichigo then Nigel

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
          Hi Nigel,

Yes I have 6 clip strips donated to me by different supermarkets. I use them when I find new Cars for display. It's a great way to display Cars (or Hot Wheels) and keeps them neat. One word of advise, use the plastic hook at the top of the strip and not the adhesive tape on the back. I tried sticking the double sided tape to a metal shelf edge and disaster -within an hour the Cars were on the floor! My son also has a strip of Cars displayed in his room, they look great!

I'll keep a look out for Ichigo then Nigel

Wow! Thanks!

Comment

• Not the best day work-wise but had some joy tonight at Selfridges and DS Oxf St.

Picked up DS Chase Schumacher and just hanging there was a lone JC Grem sneering at me.

Popped in Self next door and they had a massive array of all the newish cars (Ł5.25 not like Hamleys ripoff Ł8!) so grabbed a Carvil as well.

The other exciting (and massive) thing was in DS but going to post that in the Planes section - could do with dusting off the cobwebs there

Comment

• Great finds Enzo

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                Not the best day work-wise but had some joy tonight at Selfridges and DS Oxf St.

Picked up DS Chase Schumacher and just hanging there was a lone JC Grem sneering at me.

Popped in Self next door and they had a massive array of all the newish cars (Ł5.25 not like Hamleys ripoff Ł8!) so grabbed a Carvil as well.

The other exciting (and massive) thing was in DS but going to post that in the Planes section - could do with dusting off the cobwebs there

Great news on your scores!

Great to see Alex Carvill in other stores too!

I saw another clipstrip assortment in a Tesco Extra last night. There were 12/24 cars left, but three of them were Race Official Tom! I only saw him on a 2013 card for the first time the day before and like London buses, three more turn up shortly after! How many different variations of the Tesco clipstrip assortments are there?

Comment

• Went in Sainsburys today, no new cars but they did have new planes.

Nothing new in Morrisons either, a member stocking shelf said they don't actually order Cars they just get sent to them apprently
                  I always thought stores ordered them in?

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                    Went in Sainsburys today, no new cars but they did have new planes.

Nothing new in Morrisons either, a member stocking shelf said they don't actually order Cars they just get sent to them apprently
                    I always thought stores ordered them in?
                    I was also told the same by a helpful member of staff in Morrison's. She explained that stock gets to a certain level and before they run out the system automatically re-orders. Not a bullet proof system at all. Whats wrong with the manual way of doing it? Morrison's closest to me have not had any new stock for at least 6 weeks and there are only two very shabby Francesco's left in the tub. How low does the stock have to get before it's re-ordered? Is it worth me buying one of the very second hand looking Francesco's to trigger the auto re-order then, in the same breath pop over to Customer Services for a refund? Crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                      Morrison's closest to me have not had any new stock for at least 6 weeks and there are only two very shabby Francesco's left in the tub. How low does the stock have to get before it's re-ordered?
                      There might be 2 in the bin but the system might say 10, stock counts are always wrong due to theft or items just getting lost. You need to find someone with a mobile scanner to scan and check stock. They can start the process of changing stock quantity which will trigger the auto re-stock. Happened in my Asda a couple of years ago and the night duty manager sorted it, 3 days later new cases of cars started to arrive.

Comment

• couple of finds today
                        ds - 5 pack metalic max plus 4 variants 25 quid
                        ds - metallic set , 80quid rip, hamiltpn etc, too expensive
                        did pick up another rip and the twin pack ferrari/pinstripe mcq
                        home bargains, singles at 1.99, mig, schu, trunkov, but mostly mcmissle

Comment

• Asda had new clip strip today by the Christmas chocolates. Managed to get Alex Carvill, J Curby and Petey

Also Toymaster had planes case with Chug, sadly no Bulldog

Comment

• I picked up a bulldog in Argos in the week in Central Bristol.
                            They had quite a few.
                            I will go in again on Tuesday.
                            Let me know if you want me to pick one up for you via PM

Comment

• Originally posted by boogity View Post
                              couple of finds today
                              ds - 5 pack metalic max plus 4 variants 25 quid
                              ds - metallic set , 80quid rip, hamiltpn etc, too expensive
                              did pick up another rip and the twin pack ferrari/pinstripe mcq
                              home bargains, singles at 1.99, mig, schu, trunkov, but mostly mcmissle
                              Thanks for heads up once again, got Don Crumlin and Becky Wheelin from HB today!

Comment

• Great finds, these clip strips are really hit and miss. Well done pal!

Comment

Working...
                                X