Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
    I was told Nov 25th for Argos delivery last week so looks like it slipped back already.
    I caught a glimpse of the stock screen and it said 616.
    Thought this might be 616 cars but sounds like its cases.

Also, WH Smith in central Bristol had a few cars in stock. They haven't had any cars for about 6 months.
    (Not sure of case as only a few left including Jonathan Wrenchworths)
    The 616 is existing stock, which equates to 25 cases and 16 singles! I know they split the Silver Racers up, maybe they just quote the number of singles?

Also, from my local stores persective, this stock was held at Barton (Bedfordshire), when Argos' main distribution centre is near Stafford. You pass it on the M6 as you are going over the West Coast rail line.

I was also quoted that there were 600 cases (14,400 units) on order for 5th December. There are 741 Argos stores, so clearly not all stores are going to be allocated full cases. I hope they do better than the launch of the Silver Racers, when each store got just two each! Not two cases, but two cars! Underwhelming is an understatement!

Comment

• Finally found a new car, just in time for my sons birthday

Prince Wheeliam !!!!

Toys R Us in a box numbered V2796-999V, had 2 Carla's & some Bindo's in, bargain at £ 2.99 as well

Comment

• Millimoo, Great find with Prince Wheeliam!! Even better price

Our search for him continues lol

Comment

• Originally posted by millimoo View Post
          Finally found a new car, just in time for my sons birthday

Prince Wheeliam !!!!

Toys R Us in a box numbered V2796-999V, had 2 Carla's & some Bindo's in, bargain at £ 2.99 as well

Hi

Which toys r us store was it?

Thanks

Comment

• Checked out the Sainsburys store in stoke Gifford, Bristol yesterday.
            A few cars left from the last batch but nothing special. The hidden RIP had gone.

The Sainsburys at Emersons green had a new batch when I checked it out this morning.
            There was a Maurice, Jonathan Wrenchworths, Darrel Cartrip with headset, Petey Pacer.
            Thought I would leave them for someone else.

Looks like people are reading this board as the 2 nearest Argos stores are pretty much cleared out.
            8 in one store and 6 in other (inc 4 lmq)
            There were 22 in Yate store this morning if anyone lives near there.

Comment

• Our Sainsburys still haven't restocked yet. They have had more Planes tent sets, Had Ishani but I resisted temptation

Will try out our local Argos over the weekend to see if there's anything new.

Comment

• When I looked in Argos they had stopped selling mainline cars. Just silver racers only, and there were just silver racers when I put them on view. So have they updated the catalogue?

Comment

• Originally posted by madbob View Post
                  When I looked in Argos they had stopped selling mainline cars. Just silver racers only, and there were just silver racers when I put them on view. So have they updated the catalogue?
                  Look on their website for the code number, it used to say silver racers but now says cars 2 assortment.

Comment

• Avoid 247 Toys at all cost people, completely screwed me over on my order and don't respond to emails. Now logged into to see what the issue with my order was and its disappeared now, rang them and they have no Idea what's going on and even denied I had paid until I gave them the PayPal transaction ID. They are now processing a refund finally but would have preferred the items which now show out of stock.

Comment

• Nick stickers, that's a shame to hear that. I've used them twice (once for Cars and one for Planes) Both orders went through fine, I used a debit card to pay tho. Hope you get it sorted

Comment

• Morrisons still haven't restocked and Argos had 9 Cars in stock (didn't bother asking to see them as I suspect they are the same ones I viewed last time)

Comment

• My local Argos has Cars 2 singles half price at £2.99.
                          They show as 'Cars Silver Diecast Cars' on the receipt but are Cars 2 singles.
                          Item number is 913/0287
                          I got Brent with headset, Snot Rod with flames and Mark Wheelson.

Comment

• Originally posted by pirelliboy View Post
                            My local Argos has Cars 2 singles half price at £2.99.
                            They show as 'Cars Silver Diecast Cars' on the receipt but are Cars 2 singles.
                            Item number is 913/0287
                            I got Brent with headset, Snot Rod with flames and Mark Wheelson.
                            Those are great finds and even better prices!

We popped to Disney Store yesterday and they had no small Mattel diecasts only the DS twin packs. They had JL and as cool as he looks I think I will hold out to see if anyone can help with a Mattel one as I think the smaller one is better

Nothing worth a mention in Symths or TRU (Only bought Minions and Dr Who figures in those )

Comment

• Originally posted by StuartW View Post
                              Hi

Which toys r us store was it?

Thanks
                              It was Coventry

Comment

• I got the crystal Lightning for Infinity yesterday at the same TRU

Comment

Working...
                                X