Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Stores seem to be awash for Mildred's, the Uxbridge store had at least 5 on the shelves today, together with The King, various types of LMQ, Edwin Kranks, Race Official Tom, Chick Hicks and Alex Carvill. If anyone wants anything, happy to pick them up for trade or on a cost basis.

No Ruka's or Francesca's unfortunately so not helping my son's collection.

Comment

• There's a lonely Charlie Checker in my local if anyone wants/needs. Wasn't a widespread car across cases I don't think.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxrfc View Post
        Disney Stores seem to be awash for Mildred's, the Uxbridge store had at least 5 on the shelves today, together with The King, various types of LMQ, Edwin Kranks, Race Official Tom, Chick Hicks and Alex Carvill. If anyone wants anything, happy to pick them up for trade or on a cost basis.

No Ruka's or Francesca's unfortunately so not helping my son's collection.
        It would appear that Disney Stores are getting a specially gathered together assortment of 12 cars in a case, not 24. There were two Mildred's in the case of 12. It's sort of based on what was supposed to be the 994D case. For the sake of labelling it (unofficially) it could be 994D Part. 1. I would guess that 994D Part. 2 with Ruka (and one Mildred not two) will be along shortly, maybe in the next couple of weeks or so?

I'm told this happened when Ichigo came out. I never saw an Ichigo on the shelves, so I have to rely on the information supplied by Disney Store staff. They assured me that they did have a few Ichigo's at the end of July. If this is true that means she was mean't to be in case 994B, but not enough were produced, so she was substituted by an extra Shuey and just put into Disney Stores 'sort of' 994B Part 1 and Part 2. This would also explain why Ichigo appeared in Europe with everything else that was in case 994B, i.e. the correct 994B case!

Although there is no reason to dispute what DS have claimed, but there have also been no reports of Ichigo in the UK (or none on UK eBay either). There were at least some Francesca's; We got ours on eBay UK - It came from a Tesco or ASDA clipstrip!

There is some positive news though!

Argos is back in the game. I saw the remnants of both a 994B and 994C case at one store today. I was told that the warehouse was completely out of stock and that over 600 cases were due to their central distribution centre around 5th December. They could be 2014 cases? Mind you, a case with Francesca, Ichigo and Ruka would be nice!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          There's a lonely Charlie Checker in my local if anyone wants/needs. Wasn't a widespread car across cases I don't think.

Charlie Checker appeared in three cases, 997Q (2no), 997V (1no) and now 998E (1no).

Sainsburys was the best place to pick him up, but now you have a choice of at least Hamleys, Smyths, Tesco, Toymaster, Argos and others.

Comment

• Nigel, Is there a catalog number for the Cars in Argos? The last time I went in there they only had a code for the Silver Racer ones

Edit: Just checked the website and it appears they have changed it from silver racers to Cars 2 assortment
            Last edited by carscrazy; 11-05-2013, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
              Charlie Checker appeared in three cases, 997Q (2no), 997V (1no) and now 998E (1no).

Sainsburys was the best place to pick him up, but now you have a choice of at least Hamleys, Smyths, Tesco, Toymaster, Argos and others.
              Well I stand corrected then Just I've never seen him on pegs before and rarely mentioned. A bit like Hank.

Comment

• Heads up...

DS WGP Racer 16-set is now discounted 25% online to Ł60 (from 80)

And equivalent Planes 10-set is also down to Ł45 (from 60).

Online only, store prices remain.

Be warned though, a crap shoot if it arrives in one piece given their method of packing (=chuck it a cardboard box, no packing or protective material!)

Oh and they also have XXL Hector online at last (given the bloody size of him!)

Comment

Be warned though, a crap shoot if it arrives in one piece given their method of packing (=chuck it a cardboard box, no packing or protective material!)
                  I know what the Disney Store packaging is like, When we bought the old Rescue Squad chopper it arrived with a damaged box due to being chucked into a empty box. Also the Air Mater set with Hawk arrived in a box about 2 sizes too big, again no packaging!

That Planes set for Ł45 is a great buy, If only we didn't have half of them already in Mattel singles Wonder when Franz will get a single release here either in DS version or Mattel

Comment

• Originally posted by carscrazy View Post
                    I know what the Disney Store packaging is like, When we bought the old Rescue Squad chopper it arrived with a damaged box due to being chucked into a empty box. Also the Air Mater set with Hawk arrived in a box about 2 sizes too big, again no packaging!

That Planes set for Ł45 is a great buy, If only we didn't have half of them already in Mattel singles Wonder when Franz will get a single release here either in DS version or Mattel
                    It is shoddy practice and what adds insult to injury is their customer support is even worse. Don't get me started. Taken to other tactics to avoid repeat in future.

As for Franz, he's in the next wave from Mattel (article on T5, no moving parts unlike DS). Elsewhere DS in the US do all the Planes as singles (in those lovely acrylic presentation boxes) whereas here we only get 2-packs in blisters/cards, same as with Cars. So I reckon that we'll see the DS UK release of these additional characters, sometime in the near future. Likely to be a Chug/Dottie pack or a Franz/El Chu pack. A Skipper/Sparky would be great too. As would a Flysenhower carrier but that's really wishful thinking.

Comment

• Popped to Morrisons,, display box is completely empty so no sign of restock yet.
                      Sainsburys had a Mama Topolino, Vern, Bomb Mater and of course Francescos..nothing of interest to us.
                      Tesco Metro had no Cars but it was worth noting that although they removed the toy section they have had some toys back in (had some Lego sets and a few baby toys)

Overall another rubbish run around for Cars.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        It would appear that Disney Stores are getting a specially gathered together assortment of 12 cars in a case, not 24. There were two Mildred's in the case of 12. It's sort of based on what was supposed to be the 994D case. For the sake of labelling it (unofficially) it could be 994D Part. 1. I would guess that 994D Part. 2 with Ruka (and one Mildred not two) will be along shortly, maybe in the next couple of weeks or so?

I'm told this happened when Ichigo came out. I never saw an Ichigo on the shelves, so I have to rely on the information supplied by Disney Store staff. They assured me that they did have a few Ichigo's at the end of July. If this is true that means she was mean't to be in case 994B, but not enough were produced, so she was substituted by an extra Shuey and just put into Disney Stores 'sort of' 994B Part 1 and Part 2. This would also explain why Ichigo appeared in Europe with everything else that was in case 994B, i.e. the correct 994B case!

Although there is no reason to dispute what DS have claimed, but there have also been no reports of Ichigo in the UK (or none on UK eBay either). There were at least some Francesca's; We got ours on eBay UK - It came from a Tesco or ASDA clipstrip!

There is some positive news though!

Argos is back in the game. I saw the remnants of both a 994B and 994C case at one store today. I was told that the warehouse was completely out of stock and that over 600 cases were due to their central distribution centre around 5th December. They could be 2014 cases? Mind you, a case with Francesca, Ichigo and Ruka would be nice!!!

I was told Nov 25th for Argos delivery last week so looks like it slipped back already.
                        I caught a glimpse of the stock screen and it said 616.
                        Thought this might be 616 cars but sounds like its cases.

Also, WH Smith in central Bristol had a few cars in stock. They haven't had any cars for about 6 months.
                        (Not sure of case as only a few left including Jonathan Wrenchworths)

Comment

• I've just nearly passed out in my local Disney Store...

New cars!!!!!

Mildred Byland, Luigi & Guido with shakers, Snot Rod with Flames, Race Official Tom plus a few others..... I didn't know what to do...!!!

The cars I need have been put aside for me as there's an event on tonight 5pm - 7pm with an extra 25% off (only by invitation - shows how much I go in the stores)...

I honestly didn't think I'd find any "new" cars this year...

Comment

• Nice finds in the Disney store I haven't bothered with the DS for months, By the sounds of it i think I may have to take a trip there soon

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBrownstone View Post
                              I've just nearly passed out in my local Disney Store...

New cars!!!!!

Mildred Byland, Luigi & Guido with shakers, Snot Rod with Flames, Race Official Tom plus a few others..... I didn't know what to do...!!!

The cars I need have been put aside for me as there's an event on tonight 5pm - 7pm with an extra 25% off (only by invitation - shows how much I go in the stores)...

I honestly didn't think I'd find any "new" cars this year...
                              I can see it now... customer down in toys... he's fainted... out cold... what caused it? He fainted when he saw new Cars that he didn't have.

Congratulations on your finds, MrBrownstone...

I am cac1959... I am a Cars-a-holic... and a proud supporter of Nathan's Playroom

Comment

Well I stand corrected then Just I've never seen him on pegs before and rarely mentioned. A bit like Hank.

It goes to prove that with decent case assortments (latest case 998E excepted), that cars sell out almost as they hit the shelves. There were 11 official cases (10 in the UK) plus similar clipstrips. There were 77 standard singles released, so that's seven new cars (plus multiples of) per case assortment. I'd say that's a pretty healthy selection.

If the Cars 996Y case hadn't come along, there could easily have been room for 2,000 of the other cases at the time (997W and 997Y) and maybe even a few more 994B cases, as it's clear that one didn't get to all parts of the country. Hopefully Mattel will learn from that, although they'll say that most of the 996Y cars sold out. I think Mattel should've included Ichigo in all 994B cases and they should've made Mildred Bylane and Ruka generally available along with Francesca.

If it's unforgivable not releasing Deluxe and Double packs in the UK, there is equally no excuse for dumping everyone else's overstocks and rejects in the UK. Sure, they do sell, but that's not the point, we would like to 'Collect Them All' as it says on the back of the US cardbacks! Lastly, there is no excuse for not manufacturing and distributing a full compliment of 2,000 of each Chase car, so it gives most, if not everyone a reasonable chance to 'Collect Them All'!

As case 998E is the 11th case and Mattel said that there would be 12 in total, this means that a things may have happened?

1). Case 994D was cancelled and Mildred Bylane and Ruka are just going to be available in limited numbers through Disney Stores only?

2). There could be a 12th case to follow?

3). The contents of the 12th case (and others) could the mixed up and made available on clipstrips (W2325) at supermarkets? With sales up in the pre-Christmas period, this is very likely. Even though the first 2014 cases are due at the beginning of December.
                                Last edited by niftynigel; 11-07-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X