Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Found some 2013 Cars in Asda yesterday, they were in the Hot Wheels wire basket. Picked up Brent with Headset and Sarge. Also had new Planes including Rochelle and a few others. WH Smiths finds consisted of a single US carded Maurice, nothing else in the store.

I have just visted the DS website, they have 2014 Carded Cars on sale as well as 2013 Cars, all at £5 each. Nothing exciting on offer but first place I have seen the 2014 cards in U.K. Go get em' folks!"
    which asda was this in Bristol? Went to cribbs yesterday and asda didn't have much, didn't check the hot wheels basket though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
      which asda was this in Bristol? Went to cribbs yesterday and asda didn't have much, didn't check the hot wheels basket though!
      Hi Mate, it was the Asda in Weston. They have had a few boxes of Silver Racers this year but this is the first time I have seen single Cars. Hope it will be a regular thing from now on.

Comment

• *update* I stopped by Cribbs Asda at lunch to pick up a sarnie and check the Toys. Half way down the isle was a fresh clip srip of Cars on US card. I snagged Rip and Petey but left the rest. I had a quick peep around the rest of the store but couldn't find any more strips hanging (dreaming of finding a superchase!) who knows, there may be more stock to come out?! Here is what I left behind:

asdacarz.jpg

Comment

• I by asda now on my way to jump. Hopfully that mater is still there! Would of loved the petey!

Comment

• Cheers for that mate. Just got the brand new mater. Been after him got a while, it was only £3!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
              Cheers for that mate. Just got the brand new mater. Been after him got a while, it was only £3!
              Nice one! Yes, that happened to me as well. The Cars didn't scan at the tills so the assistant had to type in the barcode manually, when she did they came up at £3, I almost went back for more! Glad you got Mater!

Comment

• Vandance what 2014 cars were they?

Comment

• Love this one. Probably my new favourite car I (my son) owns. Glad I checked the forum as I was in the area!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rumblywooby View Post
                    Vandance what 2014 cars were they?
                    I can only remeber a couple from this morning, one was Marlon the security car and the other was Filmore (without headset) I expect 2014 Cars will start showing up elsewhere since DS managed to get hold of a bunch. I know of one person will be able to confirm for sure what'shappening- over to you, Nifty Nigel!

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
                      I can only remeber a couple from this morning, one was Marlon the security car and the other was Filmore (without headset) I expect 2014 Cars will start showing up elsewhere since DS managed to get hold of a bunch. I know of one person will be able to confirm for sure what'shappening- over to you, Nifty Nigel!

Cheers

There's quite a lot to report!

Firstly, to answer your question, I was told that the first 2014 singles cases would be distributed to stores at the end of November (about now). The fact that Disney Stores have now got a few on their website would tend to support that information. It wouldn't come as a surprise to see Disney Store officially launch the 2014 cars on Saturday! They maybe showing out of stock as that's a sort of placeholder situation.

The first two proper 2014 cases are supposed to be W1938-998J and W1938-998K. They could easily be 994J and 994K as Mattel are mixing up the numbers as bit!

Secondly and probably even better news for completists is that a 12th and final case has just been released in to the UK. One was found at an ASDA on Sunday! It's case W1938-994F (similar to the US 999Q case)! I think it marks a first in that it contains TWO Chase cars and Mildred Bylane!

None of my local ASDAs sell cars anymore, so I'm not hopeful of finding that case there!

The contents are as follows ...

ICHIGO (CHASE) - 1
                      RUKA (CHASE) - 1
                      SNOT ROD (with Flames) - 1
                      RACE TEAM MATER - 1
                      RPM No. 64 - 1
                      NITROADE - 1
                      BRAND NEW MATER - 1
                      RACE OFFICIAL TOM - 1
                      LIGHTINING McQUEEN (with Racing Wheels) - 2
                      ALEX CARVILL - 2
                      THE KING - 2
                      BODY SHOP RAMONE (Green) - 2
                      LUIGI & GUIDO (with Shaker & Glasses) - 2
                      MAX SCHNELL - 2
                      CRUISIN' LIGHTING McQUEEN - 2
                      MILDRED BYLANE - 2

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                        There's quite a lot to report!

Firstly, to answer your question, I was told that the first 2014 singles cases would be distributed to stores at the end of November (about now). The fact that Disney Stores have now got a few on their website would tend to support that information. It wouldn't come as a surprise to see Disney Store officially launch the 2014 cars on Saturday! They maybe showing out of stock as that's a sort of placeholder situation.
                        I know what I'll be doing Saturday morning then.

Comment

• Originally posted by niftynigel View Post
                          One was found at an ASDA on Sunday!
                          out of interest where was the asda?

Comment

• Originally posted by yuffie View Post
                            out of interest where was the asda?

I don't know. I can only guess it was in Essex or East London as that's where the member who reported it (MarknotaMack) is based.

If I didn't have both Ichigo and Ruka (from eBay), I'd be pretty brassed off by now if they were at Dagenham or Thurrock as I was there on Saturday and thought ASDA is a dead loss for cars, so I didn't bother going in!!

That could've been a huge own goal!!

That said, Mark didn't have them before, so I'm pleased for him that he got them at last.

Comment

• UPDATE!

The lure of seeing a new case in store was just too much! I couldn't resist having a drive around looking for another Ichigo and Ruka on a mint card to purchase from a UK store!

It's said that timing is everything. The three ASDA near me haven't had any cars except the silver racers in 2013. I tried Burgh Heath, Sutton, Beddington and Mitcham. Three of them have had the new case but I was too late!

I thought I'd drive through Wimbledon on my way home. That leads to the A3, then I thought Clapham Junction!!

Inspired choice! They had a fresh W1938-998F case! The case had just been opened and one car in the corner was missing! I thought, well at least I'm going to get one car. I saw Ichigo and next to her was Ruka! Phew!

They let me have the case too!

So the UK case is W1938-998F.

The case reported in France is W1938-994F.

Why are they different?

What was the missing car?

There is supposed to be two Kings in the case. Both Mark and I have only found one. Maybe there is only one King, so what is the 24th car?

Comment

• Great to hear you scored Nigel, late night hunting is always a good option, less customers, deliveries being worked so you never know.Thanks for the info as usual Nigel. Could of the 24th car been a superchase of some description? Interesting that only 1 car had been taken, most collectors need Ruka and Ichigo so it is a real mystery! Right then, Asda here I come...

Comment

Working...
                                X