Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Britain & Northern Ireland Finds (Part 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
    Great to hear you scored Nigel, late night hunting is always a good option, less customers, deliveries being worked so you never know.Thanks for the info as usual Nigel. Could of the 24th car been a superchase of some description? Interesting that only 1 car had been taken, most collectors need Ruka and Ichigo so it is a real mystery! Right then, Asda here I come...
    Which ones you going vandance? I was going to go cribbs on my break. If you go there would you let us know what you find please?

Comment

• I was thinking of Bedminster Asda. Although Cribbs could be lucky, condsidering the frequency of deliveries this time of year. Stuart W (PCD member) said he tried the Asda living and Tesco in Eastville yesterday. Nothing but the left overs from the new case. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by VANDANCE View Post
        I was thinking of Bedminster Asda. Although Cribbs could be lucky, condsidering the frequency of deliveries this time of year. Stuart W (PCD member) said he tried the Asda living and Tesco in Eastville yesterday. Nothing but the left overs from the new case. Good luck!
        Nothing new at cribbs mate.

Comment

• Okay, thanks! I expect it will be the same story in Besminster but curiosity will always get the better of me!

Comment

• I popped to two Asda stores and nothing new in the way of Cars

Did manage to get Rochelle and Echo Planes, Also found both of the Batman Hotwheels.

Gutted no Ichigo or Ruka

Comment

• i'm not getting my hopes up (or making any special trips) that asda's down this way will suddenly be knee deep in new cars

Comment

• Neither Asda's near me, have had the new cars. Nothing of note in either. The Planes section was the same.

Did get a Charlie Checker in the 'Look' series in WHSmith today though.

Comment

• Went cars hunting yesterday in Central Bristol.

WHSmith - had 3 cars
                  Wilkinsons - 8 old stock on porta corsa cards
                  TKMaxx - nothing
                  Argos - had 8 cars but picked up King for someone
                  Asda Eastville - had 8 cars including Maurice
                  Tesco Eastville - looked like they had put out a new case

Comment

• Another collector in Portsmouth found a Ichigo and Ruka in ASDA today! I'm loitering around ASDA from now onwards! LOL! Good luck everyone!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lozzi31 View Post
                      Another collector in Portsmouth found a Ichigo and Ruka in ASDA today! I'm loitering around ASDA from now onwards! LOL! Good luck everyone!!!
                      On my way to football tonight I popped into another ASDA, who haven't had any cars for the best part of a year. Not surprisingly the cars 'basket' was empty!

I did find a helpful member of staff who scanned the price label. She said that the store hadn't been allocated any stock and that 12,000 units (500 cases) were fully allocated and had been shipped out to stores over the weekend and into this week. She went on to say that it didn't mean all stock would necessarily be on shelves by now, as some stores are slower than others at getting stock out, where it's lower priority than other items. She said it's always worth asking a member of staff to scan the price label to see if there is any stock in the storeroom (or somewhere else in store e.g. on the top shelf like the one I found at Clapham Junction)!

If anyone does find a fresh case of 24 cars, please could you report the full contents, as I'm sure we would like to know if there are 2no. The King in the case or what the mystery 24th car is!

On a different issue, a few more Tesco Extra's in my area have been given the new 'upmarket' look. In common with the first one (Purley), the toy section has shrunk considerably. However, in contrast to Purley, they still stocked cars. All had the remnants of the 998E case.

Comment

• Forgot to say yesterday ToyMaster had an old deluxe Marco for £7.99. It was the only one and so I suspect it was found lying around somewhere in the store room.. gives some hope of still being able to get old deluxes .. Frank would of been better lol

Comment

• Just stumbled across re-stocked RS Classic's in TRU. Picked up Marilyn and LTP. Also reduced to £3.99 was the metallic Francesco in deluxe packaging. Started at £7.99 then £4.99 and today £3.99 if I wait long enough he might be reduced further!

Carsnovfind_001.jpg

Comment

• This at cribbs vandance? Did they have many of them?
                            Last edited by Drtbrfc; 11-28-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Found these in a department store today (Beales)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drtbrfc View Post
                                This at cribbs vandance? Did they have many of them?
                                Yep, this was TRU Cribbs, I got the last ones but staff did say they will have more stock in before Christmas.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X